XX

I've been silent so much time I didn't write about my holidays.

Sorry.

Anyway, in this last few years holidays are a little bit of a disappointment tbh—I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel like me bc those days will never be as special and magical as the ones we had in our childhoods—especially since my grandma was diagnosed with Alzheimer and left the task of organizing the Christmas dinner to her siblings—a bunch of spoiled assholes who can't do anything other than complain and demand more and more of daddy's money. For five years most of our dinners were last minute disappointments, and the one we organized was criticized for dumb details like the turkey we ordered wasn't pre-cut—according to them, "turkey meat is kinda hard, and cut every single piece is such a drag."

And this year was my aunt's turn. But first, let me tell you something about her: she's the most privileged person I've ever met: she doesn't have a job, and never has or will; she receives a pretty big check from daddy every single month; she doesn't even have to pay any bills bc daddy pays them all; she always eats with daddy so he can pay for her food; she always convinces daddy to pay for her trips, even though she'll never accept it; she has lived in mommy's basement all her life, and has convinced my uncle to divide the property in two and give her the half she's living in—since my grandma has Alzheimer's she's unable to make any legal decisions, so she chose my uncle (her all-time favorite son) to manage all her properties and bank accounts.

It may seem like she's living the dream—no job and responsibilities whatsoever, free everything and even big checks from daddy every time she wants sounds pretty good. But the truth is that she's one of the most unhappy and stupidly miserable people I've ever met. She barely goes out, travels once every five years or so, has no hobbies but watch Netflix, stalk people on social media, play mobile games like Candy Crush, and, of course, complain and victimize herself for the dumbest reasons.

But how, you might ask, is she able to get everything from her dad?

I believe that's for three reasons: 1) since she has nothing better to do in her life, she can be the most annoying person ever by bitching about something for days, months, even years, so my grandpa prefers to give her money to not deal with her; 2) my grandpa has this tendency of solving every single problem with money and buying everyone, so it's natural to him to spend tons of money on the #1 cause of problems in his life: her; and 3) I think my grandpa is a masochist who likes toxic women treating him like shit and stepping on him—his mom, his wife and now his daughter have been his entire life since he was a kid.

With all this considered, it's no surprise she didn't do shit for the Christmas dinner.

Her excuse was that like ten years ago everyone but her went to vacation during the holidays, and she ended up all alone with the dinner she prepared by herself, so she made a promise to never make a Christmas dinner again.

Yes, this is bullshit on so many levels.

And that's not the worse: she made sure she wouldn't do shit by convincing my uncle to cancel Christmas dinner—even though that's grandma's favorite holiday. They said these last holidays were so stressful that everyone should celebrate the holidays the way they wanted.

Also she said we shouldn't give presents to each other; according to her, it's not fair that she tries really hard to give us good presents, and we just give her garbage.

The lion, the witch, and the audacity of this bitch.

I don't really care about the price or the quality of the presents I receive, but I know her presents are the worst ones: she sells skin care products and stuff from L'bel—I didn't count this as a job or hobby bc she just pressures his daddy and her friends to buy to her, and doesn't even offer it to anyone else—and for the last ten years all her presents are the same cheap cologne she sells—which you can also get on amazon for $12, and obviously she gets them for even less. Now, I wouldn't say anything if it was a good product, but it only lasts like an hour or two, and it just smells ok. The worst is that is always the same one for men, and the same one for women; it's just like she counts how many men and women we are, takes the respective colognes from her inventory, puts them in recycled bags from Zara, Guess or whatever luxury brand she bought something, sometime, and that's it. No effort or thinking or anything.

But massive savings in time and money—even though she has a lot of both but never uses any of them.

And we had no problem with almost any of that—we could celebrate Christmas with my brother and his family, and we didn't need more of those colognes. But we knew no one would care about my grandma, and she and my grandpa would be all by themselves that day—except for a few hours when my aunt would show up just to see what they got for dinner to eat there for free.

So we decided to celebrate Christmas with her and then with my brother. The plan was simple: we ordered two Christmas dinners from a lady who makes banquets—they're amazing and for a good price—eat one of them with my grandparents for lunch—they get tired pretty early, so it's really hard for them to stay up late—and the other for dinner in my brother's house.

The time came, and we went with them to celebrate the holidays. We started preparing everything and, as we expected, she showed up with the excuse that she wanted to give my grandparents a Christmas gift.

She obviously didn't expect us to be there.

We invited her to join us, but she only thanked us, gave some excuse and left. Days later my grandpa told us that she was livid at both him and us. According to her, we were a bunch of assholes for organizing all of that and leave her out—even though all this "everyone should celebrate Christmas by themselves operation" was her idea—and, according to her, my grandpa should have shown some authority for once in his life and kick us out of there.

At the end of the day, we had a great time.