chapter two

a/n: hey mis amores! so im making a becca clarke x yn book and i would rly appreciate it if yall checked it out! thank you, enjoy the chapter!

As we were walking, Alondra was watching TikToks on her phone, and Miguel and I were talking about the movie we were watching last night. "Okay but like, that PLOT TWIST AT THE END? That shit fucked me up, yo." Miguel said. "For real, ok but hear me out, Deena? SMASH." I said. "Mmm, true, true, but listen, KATE. SMASH." He said. Miguel has always been so supportive with everything I do. Especially with me being bisexual. I remember when I came out to Miguel in 6th grade.

*2018*

Miguel and I were on the swing set at recess. "Mikey, I like girls." I said. He looked at me, smiled, and said, "Cool. Me too."

*2023*

When we got to the store, Miguel grabbed a cart, me sitting in the cart. Alondra didn't want to get in. Boring, but love her anyway. Mikey and I laughed as he ran with the cart with me in it, occasionally crashing the cart into a shelf. One time, I looked back at him when he was running and pushing the cart. In that moment, I felt something change. He looked so... I don't even know. His eyes were shining, his smile was so wholesome, his laugh, ugh. His LAUGH

Okay, what the fuck? Miguel was my best friend. He has been my best friend for a decade now. I couldn't be thinking about him like this. Absolutely not. No. NO NO NO. 

"Y/N? HELLOOO?" I blinked. Miguel had stopped driving the cart. "You zoned out, you good?" He asked me, with a soft smile. I blinked again, saying, "Um yeah! Yep! Okie dokie.." OKIE DOKIE? What the fuck y/n? He laughed a bit, saying, "Come on, we have everything, lets check out."

On the way back home, we talked as usual, but I kept remembering that image of what Miguel looked like in the store. Why did he look so fucking perfect? What the hell? When we got to Miguel's house, we went into his room, just the two of us. After a few minutes of us sitting in silence, on our phones, Miguel said, "Hey, Y/n?" I looked up from my phone. "What's up?" "So, I'm going to Disney with my cast members next weekend. I got an extra ticket for you, in case if you wanted to come with and like meet my friends and shit... if you don't want to go you don't have t-" "HOLY SHIT OF COURSE ILL GO" I yelled. "Sorry, um, yeah, I really want to meet your friends. And we can finally go to Disney together, we've been dyin' to do that for literally the longest time!" I said, more quietly this time. His face lit up. "So we going?" He asked. I smiled, and laid down on his bed next to him, saying, "Fuck yeah." He smiled, giving me a hug.