chapter eight

(okay so before i start, i wanted to say thank you so much for all the love shown on this story, its insane seeing how many ppl look fwd to me updating even though i jus started it <3 also i'm so sorry for being the absolute asshole i am and updating literally once a month, i'm still trying to get better at it nd ive jus been rlly unmotivated but i'm going to stfu now, enjoy *mwah* <3)

"Y/N!!! TIME TO GET UP!" My mom yelled. I sat up in bed, half-asleep. I had got back from Florida a week ago, and I was too jet-lagged to do anything remotely productive. Unless if you think that watching Netflix and fantasizing over your best friend is productive. All of a sudden, my door burst open. "Y/n, honey, it's three PM. Miguel and his family are coming over in an hour for dinner. Get up." My mom said, before shutting the door again. I blinked, then my brain registered what she said. I groaned, flopping down on my bed. I didn't want to interact with any humans today. 

I eventually dragged myself in the bathroom. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and did my skincare. I went back into my room, and got changed into a tank top and baggy ripped jeans. I put on jewelry, some makeup, and curled my curtain bangs. I flopped down on my bed again, and pulled out my phone. I saw that Miguel recently posted the pictures from Disney on his Instagram. I scrolled through the pictures, laughing at the one where he took a dumb candid picture of Tristan. But as I scrolled through them all, I saw the last one was of Miguel and I. It was a picture that we took in front of the castle, him, me, and his arm around my waist. I smiled to myself as the doorbell rang.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, my mom opened the door. There stood Wendy, Miguel, and his siblings. The second he saw me, his face broke into a smile. "Uh, hi." He said. "Hi." I said back, smiling, when he stepped in. At first, I didn't see what was in his hands, but when I looked down, it was a bouquet of flowers. "Oh, um. These are for you.." Mikey said, handing them to me. I could feel my mom's gaze burning through my shoulder. "Oh my god. They're beautiful. Thank you, Miguel." I said, pulling him in for a hug. He smelled like cologne again. As we pulled away, he gave me a quick peck on the cheek, making me turn red. "Wow... I have to put these in a vase for you Y/n." My mom said, taking my flowers and walking to the kitchen with Wendy. 

*TIME SKIP TO AFTER DINNER*

Miguel, his siblings, and I just finished playing 32 rounds of MarioKart. It was only 7:32, yet we were already exhausted. Miguel looked over at me, saying, "Hey, Y/n, can we go to your room? I have to talk to you." I nodded, grabbing his hand. We stood up, and walked over to the stairs. I could see my mom smirking over her shoulder. I rolled my eyes at her, leading Miguel up the stairs.

*WENDY AND Y/N'S MOM POV*

Y/n's mom smirked to herself, taking a sip of her wine. "Do you think our children finally figured out that they're in love with each other?" Wendy asked. Y/n's mom responded, "I think they have."