chapter three

A few days later, I got home from school, lying on my bed, scrolling through TikTok. Since Miguel was my best friend, I gained a few followers from his fame. And by a few I mean I hit 50K last week. People were making edits of me, trying to get me to notice them. I tried to notice as many people as I could, but it was difficult. If it was hard for me, I couldn't imagine how Miguel handled his fame and social status. 

While I was scrolling, Miguel FaceTimed me. I hit the accept call button, his face appearing on screen. "Heyyy" He said, smiling. "Heyyy" I said back. "So, um, did you by any chance do the Geometry homework that was due today?" He asked. I giggled saying, "Yeah. I'll send you the answers." Miguel obviously didn't do the homework, so I always make sure to do it to send him the answers. I love him, I know these things about him.

After he was done copying down the answers, he asked, "So, you done packing yet?" Fuck. I forgot. "Um, what time do we leave tomorrow?" "IM PICKING YOU UP AT FIVE. Y/N BE SO FOR REAL." He said. "Ok, um, I'll pack now." I said, scrambling off my bed and running to my closet. My mom already said that I could go, so its going to be me and Miguel, alone for the weekend. (And with Wendy of course.)

I pulled out my suitcase and backpack from my closet. In my suitcase, I packed 1 tank top, 1 oversized tee, 1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of ripped jeans, and a zip up hoodie. I also packed my pajamas (which is an oversized t-shirt I got from a volleyball tournament and shorts) and a swimsuit. In my backpack, I packed my journal, AirPods, chargers, and hygeine stuff. 

Now, it was time to pick out an outfit. "Ughhh, what am I going to wear at the airport tomorrow?" I groaned. "Ooooo, how bout we match?" Miguel offered. "Fine. What are you wearing?" I asked. "Black T-shirt, blue ripped jeans, red hat, Jordan 1s, and I'll wear a black hoodie just in case." He said. We finally decided that I wear a black tank top, blue baggy ripped jeans, my Jordan 1s, and a zip-up on top. 

After I was done packing, I collapsed on my bed. "I'm excited for tomorrow." Miguel said, smiling. "Yeah, me too." I said, smiling back. "You're finally going to meet my friends in person! I swear, I can't wait." He said. "Yeah..." I muttered, zoning out. "You okay?" He asked. "Yeah, I just.. I don't know, what if they don't like me? What if they think I'm weird and don't deserve to hang out with them?" I asked. He smiled, saying, "First of all, they already love you. I talk about you so much, they know a lot about you already. Second of all, if they do end up thinking that, we can ditch them and go hang out, just you and I, ok?" I nodded, smiling. "Alright, I gotta go, see you Mikey!" I said. Miguel smiled, saying, "Bye, Y/n, I love you dipshit."