chapter six

(a/n: this is so unrelated but the image at the top making me- UGHH YO HIM IN GLASSES🤭)

After going on a few rides together, we decided to get some food. We sat down at a table, and started to eat. Tristan asked me and Miguel, "So, how did you guys meet?" I looked at Mikey, and said, "We've been best friends since kindergarten, so I don't really remember exactly how we met." Tristan nodded, saying "Cool. So you guys hang out often?" Mikey said, "Yeah, literally almost every day. We're basically like family." He said, draping his arm around my shoulders. I felt my cheeks turn slightly pink. 

After we finished eating, we walked around more and went on a few more rides. When the sun started to set, we all decided to take a picture in front of the castle. We asked a stranger to take the picture of all of us, and as we were all standing, I felt Miguel's arm snake around my waist. It shouldn't be weird or romantic because we were very close, but I liked to think that it was. When the woman gave Tristan back his phone, she came over to me and Mikey and said, "You two are such an adorable couple." I looked at Mikey, to see if he would do the same thing he did at the airport. He smiled and said, "Thank you." No fucking way.

When it was completely dark, we all went to watch the fireworks before heading home. While we were watching them, I felt someone staring at me. I turned to Miguel and our eyes locked together. "What?" I asked, smiling. "Nothing." He said, smiling, still looking at me. The butterflies in my stomach were back. He quickly checked his watch. "Come on." Miguel said, grabbing my hand. We walked over to an almost empty area, where the fireworks were very visible. He took my other hand, asking, "Do you trust me?" "Of course." I said. He smiled and spun me around, slow dancing with me just as the biggest firework went off. "Oh my god Mikey." I said. He smiled again, saying, "I wanted to do something special, since we've always wanted to watch the fireworks together." I smiled, looking into his eyes. We were standing very close together now, hand in hand. He put a hand on my waist, me putting one hand on his chest. We were about to lean in, when we heard someone say, "There you guys are!"

The group came over to us, saying, "The park is closing, it was nice to meet you Y/n!" Everyone hugged me and Mikey, and before I knew it, we were on our way home. The car ride was sort of awkward, me and Mikey still talking but not bringing up the fact that we almost kissed. When we got to the hotel, in the elevator I said, "Hey Mikey?" He looked over at me and smiled, "Yeah?" "So, after what almost happened during the fireworks... I really don't want anything to be awkward." I said. "I was actually about to bring that up. I don't think it was awkward, I don't want to ruin our friendship." Mikey said. "So, if we ever kissed... it wouldn't be awkward?" I quietly asked. He smiled, moving closer to me. "Not if you want it to be." He said. 

After a minute, we walked out of the elevator, and Miguel asked me, "I mean, have you ever wanted to kiss me?" "Um..." I started, "I mean, maybe. Have you ever wanted to kiss me?" I asked. He said, "Yeah, obviously." I stopped dead in my tracks. "What?" I managed to stutter out. He stopped walking too. He inhaled, and said, "I mean, you're my best friend, but I've had times where I had a crush on you. Hey, listen, I don't mean for anything to be weird, but, I feel like you should know." I smiled, and said, "I felt the same way." We instantly started laughing. We felt so dumb, not knowing that we liked each other at times. 

When we finished laughing, we collapsed on the floor, trying to catch our breaths. Miguel said, "Y/n, what would happen if I kissed you right now?" I felt my hands get sweaty and the butterflies in my stomach made another appearance. "Um, I don't know." I said. After a minute, I looked him in the eyes and quietly said, "Want to find out?"