Chapter 10

"-The banners tonight were really horrendous." Nicky said.
"-Yeah, absolutely disgusting." Shane answered.

It was late in the evening and the four lads were unwinding in Nicky's hotel room after their concert.

"-Did you see those Shnicky banners at the far right?" Nicky asked.
"-Saw them." Shane said, shaking his head in disbelief.
"-Filthy, right."
"-Absolutely gross."
"-Those Shnicky fans really are bonkers. I don't get it, what's that all about anyway? Making up stories about the two of us? Why not make stuff up about Mark or Kian or whatever?"
"-They do that as well." Kian said without thinking.

The other three turned to look at him simultaneously. Kian suddenly looked like a deer caught in the head lights.
"-How do you know? Have you been reading fan fiction about yourself, Kian?" Nicky said with an amused grin.
"-Get outta here, will you." Kian snorted.
"-Found anything you liked?" Nicky teased.
"-Fuck off." Kian said.

Nicky could not let this go. Not when he had such a perfect way of making Kian uncomfortable.

"-So, tell me!" he urged. "-What did you read. Who was in it? You and Shane? You and me? You and Mark, maybe?"

Kian blushed and looked away, shaking his head.

"-Oh. You and Mark!" Nicky said triumphantly. "-Tell me, what did you two do? Was it cute or was it just pure filth?"
"-I'm not having this conversation, Nicky. I didn't read anything, okay." Kian said.
"-Oh. Pure filth, then!" Nicky said. "-I always suspected Mark's sweet shy appearance was just a cover up."

Mark rolled his eyes and shook his head. Kian gave him a look as if saying "Never mind Nicky" and said:

"-Anyways. Need some sleep. See you in the morning."

Kian left and Shane went to get a couple of more beers. When he came back, Nicky was sitting on the sofa with his iPad on his lap.

"-Check this out." he said. "-This was a cute story, right?"

Shane sat down next to him. There was a text about the two of them kissing. Nothing too bad.

"-Bet there's a lot worse stuff out there." Shane said.
"-I know." Nicky said.
"-You do? Have you read it?" Shane asked in surprise.
"-Well, yeah! Some of it. Nothing wrong with that, right? It's just for fun. Just wanted to check it out."

Mark, who had been sitting quiet during this really odd conversation got up and said:
"-I'm going too, lads. Have fun with that, will ya." shaking his head.

Shane moved closer while Nicky clicked on another story on the website. A story about the two of them getting married. They read some of it.

"-That is so weird." Shane said, shaking his head.
"-It is." Nicky said giggling.

Nicky continued to click his way through the stories.

"-Oh, look. A story where we're snogging on the tour bus."
"-That's nice, isn't it." Shane laughed.
"-Yeah. That was a nice one. Look, here is one including the other two lads as well!"
"-Don't know if I wanna read that, actually..." Shane said.

Nicky continued to scroll down and suddenly a new headline showed on the screen:

"WARNING: Adult content."

Shane looked at Nicky, who didn't hesitate at all. He clicked on the first story and they began to read. It started out as a quite cute story about the two of them on vacation together. But soon, it evolved into quite an adult fiction.

"-Oh yeah, this is the one where you're giving me a blow job. It's really good actually." Nicky said casually.
"-Wha... You've read this before?" Shane said, eyes widening in disbelief.
"-Yeah, of course. What's wrong with that? It's just a text. Doesn't hurt anyone?"
"-I.... Okay.... I...." Shane hesitated.