Chapter18

Shane stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for his floor. A moment later the doors slid closed and the brunette looked at his watch. He'd just left Kian and Mark together in the hotel bar, telling them that he needed to check on Nicky. His blonde lover hadn't been feeling well after the concert and had told Shane not to stay in with him.
The brunette had a few drinks with his friends but it hadn't felt right. He knew he'd much prefer to be curled up in bed with Nicky, even if the older boy was ill.

He exited the lift and made his way along the empty hall to his room. He slipped the key into the lock and carefully pushed the door open. He wasn't sure if his lover was sleeping but he didn't want to risk waking him if he was.
The lights were still on; Nicky was lying on the bed, dressed only in boxers, and reading a book.
Shane stifled a giggle. He honestly couldn't remember the last time he'd seen Nicky read anything that wasn't sports related. He shrugged out of his jacket and tossed it across the room. It landed on top of his suitcase.

"Hey baby" Shane greeted the blonde. "What ye reading?"
But Nicky ignored him. Shane moved closer, trying to catch a glimpse of the book cover. He tried, once again, to get his lover's attention before he realized that Nicky had headphones on. Shane shook his head in disbelief and stopped right beside the bed. The younger boy reached out and snatched the book from Nicky's grasp.

"Fucking hell!" Nicky yelped in surprise.
His eyes were wide with shock and he stared up at Shane as though he'd been caught doing something naughty. The blonde immediately tried to grab the book but Shane held it just out of reach.
"Shane, give it back!" he pleaded. He sounded almost desperate.
"Nicky, did you seriously ditch us so you could stay in and read?" Shane asked him.
"Yes" Nicky hissed. "Now give it"
Shane turned the book over in his hands and looked at the cover. Nicky ripped the headphones from his head and lunged for the book but Shane side-stepped him.

"Fifty Shades of Grey?" Shane read the title aloud.
"A fan sent it to me, okay?" Nicky hastened to explain. "It's from an independent publisher or something"
"But... Why?"
"Why what?"
"Why did they send it to you and why are you actually reading it?"
"There was a note... It said 'will you be my Mr Grey?' and I was like...What? Then... a few nights ago, I couldn't sleep so I picked it up... Assuming it would put me to sleep but it didn't... And now... I can't put it down"

Shane's eyes shifted from the book to Nicky and back again. Then he caught sight of the impressive bulge in his lover's boxers.
"You do seem to be... really enjoying it, Nix" Shane smirked and licked his lips.
The older boy blushed and held his hand out for the book. Shane pulled away with a twinkle in his eye. He looked at his lover who was pleading with him with his eyes. The brunette reluctantly handed the book back to Nicky. The blonde snatched it from his hands and started to flick through the pages, trying to find his place.

"Well" Shane said. "I guess if you're not really sick then I might as well go back down to the bar"
Nicky slowly looked up at Shane. Was he serious? The blonde was sporting a very impressive erection and Shane was just going to walk away?
"But you just got here" Nicky said.
"Because I was worried about you.... But now I can see that you're fine and don't need me..."
"You... You mean you don't want this?" Nicky's hand ghosted over the bulge in his underwear.
"You've got your book, I don't want to interrupt"

Nicky's heart was pounding as Shane licked his lips.
"Fine" Nicky said to him. "Go"

Shane frowned. He hadn't expected Nicky to say that!
The blonde turned and flopped down on the bed. He put the book aside and moved up to the head of the bed. Nicky parted his legs, slipped his hand inside his boxers and squeezed himself. Hard. He stared directly into Shane's eyes and moaned.
Shane stared at Nicky as the older boy wriggled free of his underwear. Now completely naked, he leaned back with his head resting on the pillow, and started to stroke his fingers up and down the length of his shaft.