Dai-kichi: Under the Moonlight

Hatake Kakashi and Uzuki Yūgao

- - - - - - - - - - - - ♥ - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Hahh, I've told Godaime countless of times I'm not cut out with this stuffs," a 30yr old man said as he walked around the streets of Konoha, half of his face covered by a mask. Trying to be discreet, he sported a thick white coat over his dark long sleeve shirt and pants and also a dark scarf.

"Jiraiya-sama was correct that, that woman doesn't listen to anyone," the silver haired man shook his head. Noticing a fortune shrine, "Just for tonight and I'll get on with my duties," he sighed, walking towards the stand and picking his fortune with a little prayer. Reading the small strip of paper he read the o-mikuji, "Dai-kichi," a smile spread across his covered face.

The sun is starting to set and moon is now peeking in as the winter weather had blown, tiny snow flakes fall. Walking towards the setting sun, to the third training ground. Arriving there he saw a familiar purple haired woman, "Aren't you trying too hard to hide your face, Kakashi-senpai- I mean Rokudaime." "No you can call me as you usually did," the silver head man dismissed her comment, "Why are you here, Yugao?" "The same way you are senpai," the younger of the two said turning or head to properly face the man behind her.

Nodding, Kakashi made his way nearer to the memorial stone and paid his respects to his late comrades. Yugao on the other hand walked a bit further to watch the moon lit sky while waiting for Kakashi.

Minutes later, the white haired shinobi is beside the former ANBU, "It's quite beautiful, isn't it senpai?" Cocking his head on the side, Kakashi look at the person beside him, "...yeah," was his silent reply. A small chuckle escaped her mouth, "You've have long ways before mastering Icha Icha Tactics," she averted her gaze, "Thank you..."

It was just before the fourth shinobi war started, most of the citizens were busy rebuilding the village after Pain's attack. Though the sun has still not risen, a certain silver haired jounin is now on his way to the cenotaph. But just when he thought he would be alone like the usual, he guessed wrong. Kneeling before the kunai shaped memorial stone was one of his former subordinate her hand shaking as she placed it over a certain person's name. Courteous as he is, Kakashi stayed a good 10 feet away from her to give some sort of privacy. His eyes looked at her, he knows very well what the purple haired girl is feeling. He after all is well acquainted with the same feeling of loss since he was a kid. Thinking that she wouldn't leave anytime soon, he took a deep breath and turned his heel to leave, "Wait senpai please don't go. I-uh I'll be-" her words were immediately cut by his own, "I don't mind you staying here, I'll just go somewhere instead." His words were like blades to him, each syllable he spat is stab on himself because he knows very well how she is feeling and on top of it he understands and wanted to console her himself. It's the fact that they've worked together before made them closer a lot more than just teammates that is, even more for him but the fact still stands she already fell for someone else albeit he could not keep it any longer, "I can't guarantee that it'll get better in time but Yugao you have to at least try to free yourself and move on," at least this one time he'll let it slip.

Her lips started to quiver as she try to hold back the tears, she faced the ground with her eyes close tight, "I'm not as strong as you s-senpai," she stuttered on her words, "I can't let go..." In a blink of an eye, he's right beside her, his arms wrapped on her suddenly weak looking frame, "I'm not as strong as people assume I am but because that I have my friends and comrades that I could continue this far..." he tighten his consoling embrace and kissed the crown of her head, "They're my pillars, and if you allow I'll be your support..."

"Thank you senpai," she said. A questioning look grace his handsome features, "Thank you for what?" "For being my support when I needed it," she quietly said. A small smile slip across his face but was quickly masked by an impassive look, "It's what comrades are for." "Comrades right..." she echoed a bit disappointed but decided to shrug it. "Well then shall we get going?" Kakashi uttered offering his hand, "C'mon it's already late I'll walk you home." Taking his hand hesitantly, Yugao commented, "Though you don't have to, I'm former ANBU after all I can take care of myself." "What are you saying," Kakashi uttered, "I will walk you home, and it's a direct order from me, so no buts." She smiled, "Why are you complaining for senpai, I already took the offer, didn't I?" Her words have settled a smile on his face as well, but was soon changed to a flustered look when a certain pink haired subordinate of his together with her best friend/rival started fan girling, "Kakashi-sensei are you on a date with Yugao-san?" the two girls teased.

The purple haired kuniochi, started to go red at the two girls' comment, "Ah no no..." both her and Kakashi denied in faze, "We just visited our friends." A look of pure disappointment is evident on their face, "Such a shame, you both look so perfect together!" "Sakura-chan! Ino!" more of their batch mates appeared, "Ahh Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto greeted, "Are you on a date with Yugao-san?" he innocently asked. "No we weren't!" the sixth fire shadow was quick to deny. "Oh good evening Kakashi-sensei, sorry if we disturb you two. Please enjoy yourself with Yugao-senpai," Sai commented bowing, to his former taichou and senpai. "I told you we're not on a date," Yugao complained still red from her initial reaction. "Ahh Kakashi-sensei good evening," the remaining of Ino-Shika-Chou greeted as well as team Kurenei, "To you too Yugao-san." "Ano, sorry we disturb you on your date," Hinata meekly apologized.

"We told you we're not on a date and quit calling me Kakashi-sensei I'm Rokudaime Hokage-sama," the oldest of them glared at the young teens. Squinting his eyes, Naruto glared back, "We said sorry, Kakashi-sensei so no need to get all out of character in front of Yugao-san," he turned his heel to walk, "C'mon guys leet's leave sensei to enjoy his date." The former konoha rookie nine laughed before obliging.

"We're not in a date damn it!" the two former ANBU shouted. Realizing their sync answer they look at each other then laugh. Offering his hand again the two shinobi walk towards her house with a smile across their face.

Upon reaching the estate, Kakashi bid his farewell but before he could leave, a peck on the cheek was his parting gift from her. A stupid smug crept on his masked face, as gaze at the moon on the starry sky, "Dai-kichi huh?"