Her friend

"Ahem, are you paying attention Jackson?" Mr Sohta asked, "Yes sir." Jackson replied

(After class)

Jackson decided to sit by Tohma, Kudoh, Yoshino, and Saotome
"So, your Kudoh right?" Jackson asked, Kudoh nodded, "Alright, kudos to that." Jackson said with a smirk, Yoshino giggled.

"Come on, Yoshino does that joke all the time!" Saotome said, Jackson blushed slightly.

"So, your the new guy right?" Tohma asked, "Yup, your the cool kid right?" Jackson asked, Tohma laughed, "Yeah, Tohma's also nice." Saotome said.

"Aw come on Otome, your gonna make me blush." Tohma said.

"So, let's talk about Jackson's girlfriend~." Yoshino said, Jackson's eyes went wide, "Oh yeah, you like Misao don't you?" Tohma asked,
Now, for Jackson, normally this would be fine, if Misao wasn't in the room listening to them.

"What? Are you jealous Yoshino?" Jackson asked smugly, Yoshino looked flustered.
"Hee-hee~" Saotome said.

"You wish! But at least you look better than Kudoh, that guys hideous!" Yoshino said, Kudoh frowned.

"At least I'm not a bully." Kudoh replied apathetically

"At least she doesn't just sit there and let people get bullied." Jackson blurted out, Kudoh suddenly turned to Jackson, who looked uncomfortable being the center of this attention.

He chuckled awkwardly

"Okay, I just, I think she's kinda cute, I mean, shy girls are always unintentionally adorable." Jackson said, "I used to be shy but then I realized sometimes you gotta not be afraid to talk, but not like center of attention always, just... don't be afraid to talk, and-"

"Stop talking! Jeez." Yoshino said, Jackson sometimes forgot just how much he talked sometimes, he assumed it was from how quiet he was before.

Yoshino smirked, "Hey Misao! Somebody finally likes you~." She said, Jackson quickly responded, "Shut up!" He said

Misao looked very uncomfortable.
"You know what? I'm uh, gonna go over there, I think I left my uh, cat on the... stove." Jackson said awkwardly

He walked over to Misao, who was looking down uncomfortably, "Hey uhhhh, about what Yoshino said..." Jackson began, "It's f-fine, I know how she is." Misao said sadly, "Hey, are you alright?" Jackson asked, "Y-yes, I'm just... on edge." She said
"It's alright, if you wanna talk to me, I'll listen, I don't really have good advice, but I'm a good listener." Jackson said

"And a big talker." Misao said, they both giggled.

"So, it's almost lunchtime, do you want me to buy you some lunch again? I got plenty of money." Jackson said, "Yeah, but, you don't have to buy it for me." Misao said, "Nonsense, I think my parents will be fine if I'm buying somebody's lunch, especially if their a girl." Jackson said.

Misao smiled, and they both walked to lunch together.