I Wish ~ 8

Chapter 8 - Insight

The dim light at the back of house was on; I could pick out the mumbled sound if a TV or maybe a radio, but no voices. I few seconds ago I'd asked Harriet to check the garage for a car, she hadn't yet returned and I was getting very anxious. I lay down behind the old ride on lawn mower and watched my breath come out in puffs of mist. It was freezing; I really did wish I had brought another jumper.

"Kiley?" I shifted so I could see around the mower to see where the voice came from, I peered through the darkness, and then suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. Before I could shout, Harriet's hand clamped over my mouth. I pushed her away and shook my head, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you."

She crouched next to me facing the house and continued, "Sally and Lissa are home alone, their just watching a movie. 

I nodded and stood up and moved towards the house by staying in the shadows, as I got closer I smelt popcorn. I could feel Harriet trailing behind me and I whispered, "I need you to see them doing their freaky stuff, so we need to get inside." I looked back at Harriet and she rolled her eyes.

"Harri, you need to see this." As we approached the door I started feeling worried, I knew I shouldn't be snooping around other people's houses but I was also worried that things weren't the same, my friends had gone mad.

"Okay, this is what going to happen, we sneak in, then make our way to their study, it has a window into the living room, we'll be able to see them easily," I said to Harriet who just nodded. I reached to the handle and turned it with only one small squeak, then as I pulled the door towards me it squeaked the whole way.

I stood still for a few seconds waiting to hear movement from inside but it never happened. I tippy toed slowly up the hall, it was dark because no light was on so I kept thinking there was something in front of my feet and I would trip, but I made it to the entrance of the study easily. Before I could open the next door I felt a fast wind next to me and then the next moment a hand was clamped around my next and a shoulder had me clamped against the wall.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" Lissa shouted at me, I was still a bit blurry eyes from the knock to the back of my head, but I could tell it was Lissa who had attacked me, Sally was standing behind her wide eyes and her jaw dropped in amazement. Harriet was lying in the floor looking just as shocked as Sally.

"Well? What are you doing snooping around my house?" She yelled again, I lifted my gaze from Harriet to Lissa who was so mad.

I looked dead straight into her eyes and found the air to say, "Let go of me!" I struggled a bit but she was too strong, I repeated myself again and then said sternly, "Lissa, let go! You're hurting me." She dropped her arms suddenly and stood a few meters back from me.

I moved quickly to Harriet's side and helped her up; as soon as she took my hand my head felt better and my neck no longer ached. Together we took slow steps backwards; she turned her head and whispered, "I believe you."

In a second Lissa moved from in front us to the back door blocking out way out. "Why didn't you tell us?" Harriet demanded.

"You have to understand Harri, we couldn't. You would have kept it a secret if you were in our situation," Sally said softly.

"We're your best friends, we don't have secrets." As Harriet said that I felt ashamed that I knew her powers and she didn't, I looked down and leaned against the wall.

"Come sit down, would you like a drink?" Sally asked.

"No, out! Out of my house, now!" Sally walked up to Lissa and started whispering something to her, Harriet moved closer but they stopped talking and walked down to the living room.

After a few minutes we were all sitting down, coffee in our hands and a tray of biscuits on the table in between us. Sally and Lissa told us of their powers and when they figured out they had them.

"Well, one day in class, I saw Lissa move really quickly and with my very smart brain I figured it out straight away, and because I read her mind and she was worrying about having these powers. That afternoon I confronted her about it, and then we've been meeting up to try and figure how we can use our powers. I've found out I can now read minds, blow small thing up, and I also have the power to manipulate electricity."

Lissa then interjected quickly, "And you now have an IQ of like 200."

Harriet looked at me in disappointment; I knew she felt the same as me, amazed by how much Sally could do and how much we couldn't do.

I then told them about the first time I had seen them using their powers, and then they questioned us about our powers. I hid myself behind a pillow as Harriet said, "We don't have any."

I bit my lip wondering if I should blurt out the stuff about Harriet, but I didn't need to, Sally then said, "You do Harriet, you have healing powers, and Kiley you've changed so much, just look at you, you may not have noticed but people can't help but stare at you because you're beautiful and also scary cause your eyes are like daggers, you scare me sometimes."

I let out a sniffled laugh and replied, "Don't be silly Sally, I'm not that beautiful, I maybe a little bit prettier than last year but that's it. And Harriet, you do have healing powers, I'm so sorry I never told you."

There was an awkward silence that followed, then an awkward moment when I abruptly said, "Me and Harriet should be heading home now."

"Harriet and I," Sally corrected. I smiled at her the stood up and walked towards the door.

"Bye guys, see you Monday at school."

When we got home my parents didn't even notice we left for 2 hours, I feel asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, and my brain was full of information, I just needed to sleep it off.

AUTHORS NOTE:

The secret is out!

Intense chapter, but now there are no secrets between the girls :)

Please Comment/Vote/Fan!!!