I Wish ~ 19

HELLO EVERYONE!

Thank you so much for reading I Wish, we are almost done!!

Please VOTE and COMMENT.

~

Chapter 19 - Falling

I fell asleep, my body still shaking in shock. When I woke up the, the car had stopped. I bolted upright and looked sideways at Sally, she wasn't there. I jumped up and peered over the seat in front of me, Lissa was gone too.

I pulled at the handle of the door and practically flew out of the car, I couldn't see a thing, the moon was behind the clouds everything was pitch black.

I wanted to call out Sally and Lissa name, but was too frightened that the kidnapper was out just waiting for me.

So I closed my eyes and in my head I screamed; SALLY!

I heard footsteps approaching and wrapped my jacket closely around my figure, maybe I could just blend into the shadows.

But then I heard their voices, and I had never been so relieved. Lissa appeared, and I instantly knew it was her, Sally was closely behind.

"Where's Harriet?" I asked, a tiny bit of hope in my voice.

"Close, but where not sure she's alone," Sally said jumping back into the car. I got into the back with her, and Lissa started driving.

"I can't tell, but she is definitely alive," Sally said and I grimaced.

"Where did you go before?" I asked.

"Get some fresh air, that’s all."

"Oh, I thought something was wrong, you should have woken me up."

"I have a feeling this is going to be a long night, you need all the sleep you can get," Sally said patting my shoulder.

"I feel bad for you Sally, you must be so tired, and all the mind power stuff you're doing can't be helping."

"It’s all right," Sally admitted, "I'm glad I can help."

About five minutes later we stopped when a big warehouse appeared in front of us. "Pull over there,” Sally demanded, she pointed to a small gap between the tress where a road might have been. We got out of the car with our bags, rushing to get everything, and then ran into the cover of the trees. It was dark very dark, and Lissa have stopped me from turning on a torch, so we had to follow Lissa, which was easy for her because due to our supernatural powers her sight had been improved.

We walked for a few hundred meters, continually falling down and running into low handing braches, then finally we reach the warehouse which unfortunately was blocked by a high fence, on the top of the fence coils of barb wire were scattered randomly, and I wouldn't have been surprised if it was electric.

Lissa threw her bag over and before I could ask her what she was doing she jumped over effortlessly. "Good one, show off, but what are we supposed to do," I whispered into the dark.

"I didn't think about that," she replied calmly.

"Well you're strong, carry us over, one by one," Sally suggested.

"Okay."

We threw our bags over and Lissa reappeared on our side, she took Sally over first, than me. I didn't even notice leaving the ground or landing. I looked myself over for injuries before following the other to the main building. There were other smaller buildings in the area, some were locked, and others had vehicles in them. The whole set up was like an air force base, and but at the same time it was rundown and seemed to be abandon. Why would someone leave this place when it was so set up and an obvious amount og money had gone into it.

It didn't took a while to get to the warehouse, we were staying on the safe side, there was no pint acting childish and getting caught out now, slow and steady wins the race. I sure hoped that was true.

"Okay here’s the plan, I go first, no questions, Lissa you stay with me, Kiley when the time comes you're the one is getting Harriet out. We will fight whoever it is in there, but you save Harriet," Sally said, her leadership personality coming through. I nodded my head and took a few deep breaths.

Sally rested her hand on the door, and with a click it opened inwards. I still have no idea how she can do that. There was more light in here, a corridor headed straight down the middle, the celling was higher than I could see, all the walls were black and the concrete floor had stains all over it; I only hopped that was some kind of paint. We stood there, side by side, ready for an attack but it never happened. "Let’s go."

We headed down the main corridor, Lissa opened every door checking, every time we found another room I crossed my fingers, but every time I was let down. So we started to run, we tried going up stairs but every time the rooms were empty. We did a whole lap of the warehouse, but found nothing. What if someone had set us up, what if they had enough power to mess with Sally’s mind, by now there was no way of getting to Harriet if she was somewhere else.

I ran my fingers through my ponytail and started pacing, "She’s not here!"

"NO, she’s is, I know it," Sally said closing her eyes and turning on the spot. "It’s like, there’s something missing.....of course!" Sally moved back so she was against the wall, "Move back." I did what she said and stood next to her.

Sally raised her hands in front of her, they started to shake, and then suddenly so did the floor. The concrete started to crack down the centre and then it opened up to reveal steps down to a black hole. "How did you do? How did you know?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Sally said look at Lissa and I sceptically.

"No," we said at the same time.

"Never mind, hurry up."

We walked down the stairs, this time Lissa going first, I held onto Sally’s arm as it got darker. Then there was a loud thud and I jumped in my skin, "Ouch," Lissa complained. Sally moved forward to unlock the door as Lissa rubbed her head, I tried to hold back a smirk, "Shut up."

The door opened up to a large round room; there were 6 doors, 6 different options. "It's like Pandora’s box," I whispered to myself. I looked up at the ceiling, which surprisingly had a chandelier; it glowed very dim, but still enough for me to see the marking on the ceiling they weren’t in any language I knew. They swirled around the centre sometimes there were drawings, other time just symbols.

I looked over at Lissa and Sally to see if they and noticed, Lissa was looked at the floor, while Sally was staring at the doors.

"She’s here," Sally said, "That one." She walked so she was in front of the door opposite the way we had come in. 

"Okay on the count of three, ready?"

Three

Two

One

~

Thanks for reading, we are so close to the end of round one for the Watty Awards, and I hope that if I get into round two everyone reading this will vote for me, that would be amazing.

Thanks again :)