I Wish ~ 3

Thanks for the support, really appreciate it :)

                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3 - Strange Beings

What was I to do? I guess it won't be that bad because everyone wouldn't recognise me, but after a while they'd work it out. I looked in the mirror my dark brown hair, it fell down my back and my thick fringe covered my entire forehead, I had decided to leave it down.

I didn't look like the old me from 1 month ago. Not the plan boring, nerdy freak, I had been transformed. My pale skin, which had stayed the same but now flawless, was glowing in the dim light in my room. I turned around a few times. My navy school top and cheeked skirt matched me. Stop fussing, I thought to myself, it doesn't matter everyone would have changed over the holidays.

My parents had notices that I had changed, but I usually kept my hair in front of my eyes when I was in their presence. I usually stayed in my room hidden under the pillows or somewhere secret outside.

I didn't know what my friends were going to think of me, and I also had to find out what happened to Sally. Maybe they would just think I had been eating well and looking after myself

"Kiley? Is that you?" I kept my head down and continued walking towards my locker. "Kiley?!?" Harriet ran up to me and pulled me around to face her.

"Hey watch it Harri," I mumbled back to her. I still kept my head down so she couldn't see the miraculous changes.

"Sorry but you never answered me when I called your name," she shot back.

We continued walking towards the lockers; I kept looking away from her. "You seem different."

"What do you mean?" She lifted her hand to my chin and brought it up. Her eyes widened and her mouth made an o shape.

"What?!?"

"You look... really different. Good different."

I rolled my eyes and kept walking. "So what happened over the holidays?" I asked.

"Nothing."

We rounded the corner to find Sally unpacking her stuff. "Hey Sally," we both said.

"Hey," she replied.

"Look at Kiley doesn't she look great!" I lightly punched Harriet's arm.

Sally and Harriet started talking about something while I wandered over to the wall and leaned against it. There were so many things happening to me at the moment. Maybe I would become popular now that my appearance has changed, but even if I got noticed by the popular girls I would leave my 3 best friends. They had always been there for me and I could never just ditch them.

The bell came over the speakers and I got my books and headed to class. Lissa still hadn't arrived, which wasn't that strange. She was always late.

A few minutes later Lissa made her way in and sat next to me. "You're sooo late, and it's the first day," I whispered to her.

"Shut up," she mumbled back.

At lunch we made our may to a nice spot under a shady tree. I had only a apple to eat which was fine with me.

 We caught up on things that happened over the holidays; which all seemed to be normal things. Then we talked about different people at the school and how they had changed but then the conversation seemed to come back to me.

"Kiley seriously what the hell have you been up to over the holidays," Lissa asked. "It seems like you've been working out you look great," Sally said.

"Ha, very funny, I've just been looking after myself," I say. I didn't want to tell them the truth. 

So they did notice, but not much. I kept telling myself it wasn’t the end of the world. I must admit over the next week I had been getting a bit more attention from my fellow male classmates. But that was year 10 for you.

Year 10 has started out tough, lots of maths homework, tones of English essays and Indonesian test coming up and I barely knew how to say hello.

But with my head so confused from all the work and the constant pressure from my mother telling me how I need to plan for my future I was missing out on the things happening to my friends.

"Hey where are you heading?" I asked Sally and Lissa who were walking the opposite way to Harriet and me.

They looked at each other and then Sally said, "We have this extra curriculum thing." That sounded about right. They were so smart and were always doing extra things.

 "Oh okay. We'll be sitting in our normal spot."

We started walking towards our normal lunch spot when Harriet said, "Do you notice something different about those two?"

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"They seem to have their little moments now and then," I looked over at Harriet who seemed to have a worried look on her face.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said plainly, acting oblivious to what the hell Harriet was going on about.

We kept walking and I started to think about what Harriet had asked me.  A couple days ago they were deep in conversation and then as soon as Harriet and I walked up they stopped talking and then started talking about cooking. It was strange, but I didn't think much of it.

Why were they keeping something from us, we were their best friends. We don't keep secrets.

"Oh my Kiley look," Harriet said running forward and leaning down to look at something.

"Harri what's going on?" I said catching up to her.

Looking over her shoulder there was a dead sparrow on the grass. I made a gasp and pulled Harriet by the arm. "Leave it."

She didn't listen to me and stretched out her hand to touch it. "Oi, don't," I shouted. She touched its wings softly they pulled back her hand and stood up and continued walking, acting almost normal and unshaken.

I watched the bird, knowing nothing was going to happen, it was dead! Its wing suddenly fluttered and then it flew away. I looked up at Harriet who still had her back to me.

"Are you coming?"

I made my feet move towards her still shocked at what I had just seen. I felt my hands start to shake and quickly dug them in my pockets. Sometimes you needed to keep a secret; I followed after Harriet silently, my head down and full of confusion.

                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Comment/Vote/Tweet/Like/Fan!!!!!