I Wish ~ 18

HELLO!

Keep VOTING and COMMENTING everyone! Please!

~

You have those moments when life seems likes dream, and you don't stop, you keep going, because to you nothing is wrong and soon you will wake up and everything will be alright.

But this wasn't alright, and this wasn't a dream.

Sally’s words still echoed in my, It's Harri, she's gone missing and I kept telling myself that this was a mistake, a sick joke. But then the news started to spread, and my reality started to split.

Everyone starred, everyone gossiped, some were in such shock that they couldn't even talk about, I thought they were just cowards.

In my town, when something happens, everybody’s knows about it, sometimes it only takes a couple of hours. I'm not sure who told the school about Harriet, probably her sister, I couldn't be sure. It defiantly wasn't me, I haven't spoken a word yet.

Its wasn't even lunch time, and I had already been down to the police station to give a comment about when I last saw Harriet. I had to Sally do the talking, she was so strong, so brave. Lassa’s face didn't show any emotion, she didn't smile, but every moment she could she tried to make everyone happier. In my head a yelled at her to shut up, no one, not even she could make this any better.

"How about we all come over to my house tonight? Okay?" Sally asked, I nodded, and I looked over to watch Lissa how did the same thing.

"I've got a plan," Sally whispered, my eyes shot up and heart raced. "I think, I think I can track her down, using her thoughts."

"Can you hear her thoughts at the moment?" I asked a flicker of hope in my voice.

"No, it’s like they're...blocked."

I started to bite my lip and play with the hem of my shirt. This time we were dealing with something that was way over our heads. Blocked thoughts? No human could do that. But, by the looks of things we weren’t human either.

*

My mum was all too eager to let me go over to Sally’s, she said, "You all need to spend some time together, and don't worry, I'm sure Harriet’s alright," as I jumped out of the car and waved a sad goodbye.

Sally ushered me in, she wrapped a blanket around my shoulders and sat me in front of the television, and she switched it on to a movie; Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban, our childhood favourite.

Not long afterwards Lissa arrived, I watched as Sally and Lissa stared at each other. "Done intruding, Sally?"

"I wasn't-"

"Don't care, just do your thing, and find Harriet."

Lissa didn't even give me a second glance, as she glided over to the arm chair and fell into it with a sigh. I waved my hand hopelessly in front of my face to see if Lissa would acknowledge me, she just rolled her eyes, but I could see the corners of her lips turn upwards.

"This is going to be a long night," Sally said pulling something out of her pocket, "You're going to need these," she handed Lissa and I a chocolate bar each, I looked at Lissa who just shrugged and started undoing to packaging.

*

Sally's house seemed cold and scary. Even though the lights were on, all I saw were shadows. No one smiled or laughed. Lissa sat on the other side of the room, her blond hair falling over her face. Sally was in the middle of the room candles surrounded her; she had her eyes closed and her hands grasped together in her lap.