I Wish ~ 9

Chapter 9 - Forever Supernatural

Ever since we all knew about each other powers we had started to try and figure them out. It had been 3 weeks and I still had no 'special quality' except for my beauty. Harriet had become the star attraction, every time one of us got a scratch and or had a bruise we'd go straight to Harriet and she would heal it.

Instead of focusing on the weirdness around me I tried focusing on my school work. I knew it was serious that I had to start planning my life after school; I only had two years left. But when I said this to my friends they just laughed and said, "Kiley we will be saving the world soon, no need for university." I didn't believe that, and I wouldn't be the one saving the world, I didn't have a power.

Lissa became even more overpowering than before. She now thought she was the one with the most power, meaning she was the leader. She was really getting on my nerves but I kept my mouth shut.

"Hey Kiley," Sally said.

"Hi."

She came and sat next to me in the library, she had 3 new books in her hand. I knew none of them; I wasn't much of a reader. "I did a bit of research last night, you know, on your thing. But I couldn't find anything. But don't you worry, because I'm sure you do have a supernatural power."

"You don't have to do that Sally, I really don't mind," I replied calmly, even though inside I was frustrated.

"I know you are upset, I see it every time we practice. I'd feel the same way." She picked up her bag and books and left the library.

I sat there alone thinking. Thinking about what she said, she believed that I really did have a power. I didn't.

I left the library and went to my two last classes of the day. I didn't pay much attention, I was excited that it was the end of the week and I was spending a whole weekend at Sally's.

I met my friends outside the school; I carried both my bag full of spare cloths, plus other things for my stay. I sat next to Harriet at the back of the bus, everyone was sitting at the back, the most popular people sat at the five seat chair at the very back, and they were year 11 and 12's.

Sally's house was at the top of a hill out of town, the bus top was at the bottom of the hill, we would have to walk all the way up. I wasn't too concerned, and neither was Lissa. She started sprinting as soon as she got off the bus, "You shouldn't be doing that!" I called out.

When we arrived at Sally's house Lissa was sitting on a deck chair with a glass of lemonade. We all laughed, "Make yourself at home Lissa," Sally said jokingly.

That night we sat out on the trampoline, it was pitch dark and all the stars were so bright. "Isn't this great?" Harriet asked.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"Do you think there are more out there like us?" I asked, I didn't even know where that question came from. There was no answer, except Lissa made a thinking sound.

Then Harriet said, "Maybe; maybe they don't even know they have a paranormal power. Or they're just keeping it secret."

"What if someone in our class was keeping it a secret," Sally exclaimed.

I laughed and said, "You would know if someone was Sally, you could just creep into their mind and find it out."

I bet your doing that now, I thought to myself, hopping Sally would be reading my mind. Sally just laughed.

"It's getting cold and I'm falling asleep," said Lissa who sat up making the trampoline wobble.

"Rightio, let's go inside," Harriet said standing up, and then she jumped off. Lissa did the same thing, but showed off by jumping 4 meters in the air.

We made our way inside and up to Sally's room. I pulled the short straw and had to sleep on the worst mattress. I sighed and punched my pillow a few times.

It took me a while to fall asleep but when I did I felt a nightmare starting.

AUTHORS NOTE:

I know, I know, very short chapter, my brain is a bit fuzzy today.

Remember to vote/comment/ fan!!!