Chapter 2

Hailee knew that her friend needed a push for achieving her dream, and she knew that it would be her to help her. Unfortunately, Freen had always struggled with panic attacks when she faced a new situation. It was a little bit strange for a law student to have a panic attack.
Despite her laziness caused by depression, Freen was a perfectionist. If she didn't know she was able to do something, she would never do it, unless she is ready.
"I'm freezing, Hailee! I need a coat!" Freen said crossing her arms while clenching her teeth.
"Shh... It's ok." Hailee hugged her tightly and rubbed her back to warm her up.
"I want to punch you for doing this to me," Freen said between her shakes.
"I want to punch myself too, but, you see, Freen... You only did what people requested you to do it. Now it's time to do what you want to. Now, let's go out so you could light up a cigarette and calm down." Hailee said feeling sorry for her friend.
"Ugh! You're so stupid! Nicotine will only worsen my tachycardia symptoms right now, and this will lead me to a stroke." Freen said focusing on her words and breaths.
"Really? Since when did you know that? By the way, you're so sweet when you are a nerd! Should have studied medicine instead of Law School!" Hailee said smiling at her friend who is now pushing her away.
"Now I'm sweating like crazy! You forgot that my aunt was a nurse and I know all the stupid things..." Freen stated while trying to ventilate her face. That's how her panic attack usually stops - with her sweating.
"Yeah... I know... Sorry! Freen... You know, she would have wanted you to make her proud right now. She would have supported you right now! And by the way... since you already mentioned how bad is nicotine, why don't you want to quit on them?" Hailee asked Freen smirking
"You're so bad, and stupid, and idiot! I hate you for doing this to me right now! I am not only unprepared but went through a panic attack too! I hate you, Hailee Steinfield! " Freen punched her friend in her head and tried to avoid the smoking subject.
"Ouch! Mean! But I deserve this! I love you too, babe!"
"I'm not your babe! Stop it!" Freen snapped.
"Freen... I want you to calm down! I trust you! You are already the best! Please, recite the poem we rehearsed and it will be fine! I didn't sign you as "Freen Sarocha Jonas", you are only "Freen Sarocha", to avoid suspicions. Now, please calm down and prove to us you are the best! If you won't take it, what's the matter? We will try again, and again. You need to accomplish your dream! It's just an experience! After this, you will be able to tell your grandkids what is like to take an audition" Hailee said trying to persuade her friend.
Freen nodded slowly. Her time is here and she needs to try it. She was mentally killing her friend for doing this to her. After 10 minutes, someone called up her name.
"Freen Sarocha, please come in!" The lady said with her papers in her hand.
"Ok.." Freen confirmed her presence and nervously opened the door.
"I trust you and I love you!!" Hailee yelled and waved at her friend, and this made Freen let out a small laugh.
Freen was in the room with 5 people. Each one had a paper in front of their eyes. She was breathing in and out slowly, trying to calm herself down.
"Hello! My name is Freen Sarocha J-" she almost let her full name out. "Just Freen.. you can call me Freen!" She tried to fix her error.
"Oh! Ok... you know, kid... you are giving me this vibe of a good kid, so please calm down and do a great impression! Good luck!" A lady smiled warmly at Freen.
"Thank you, madam! So... I prepared for today the poem "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe." Freen said slowly.
"Please take the floor! Good luck!"
Freen detached herself completely from reality and performed a great interpretation of the poem. The jury was content with it and they applauded her.
"Congratulations! You are an interesting person, kid! I would love to see you on screen. But.." Freen was feeling on cloud 9 and bowed to the jury.. her smile dropped when she hurt the last word...
"Miss Freen, because of the large number of candidates, we decided to add another test... music test..." the jury said.
When Freen heard about it, she almost had a heart attack. She never performed and never rehearsed a song before. What will she sing? Think, Freen! Think faster! Suddenly she remembered her mom's song. She always had to sing to her "This is me" when she was little.
"I'm going to sing "This is me" by my-" she suddenly realized what she wanted to say and tried to fix the error "my favorite artist, Demi Lovato!" She said softly.
"Wow! I remember when I had to play with Demi. You may start!" The jury said.
Freen started to sing her mother's song and the jury listened carefully and smiled.
"Thank you, Miss Sarocha! You still need to work on the music part... But, not bad, kid! I don't know why, but you remember me somehow of Demi. Funny thing is that you have Asiatic features, or else I would believe you are her daughter!" The jury said laughing so hard.
Freen was upset with their last comment. The Asiatic features shouldn't be an impediment. She's not an Asian, but she felt bad for the Asians out there and her bullying period because of this stigma.
She thanked the jury and turned to the door.
"Kid! We never said this to anyone before, but you won your place here! You will be in the movie. And, you will be partnered up with Taylor Swift's daughter. She is already in. So, please don't let her know about your thing for Demi." The juror said. Freen nodded, thanked, and rushed to the door.
Hailee waited for her friend and jumped in her arms, comforting her. Freen was surprised by all the things that happened to her. She had mixed feelings: she is now going to be an actress, which was her dream since she was little, so she was extremely happy and excited. On the other hand, what will her mother say to her? How would she drop the news in front of her? Did she make the right choice? How will she manage to do both actings and finish her degree?

......To be continued....

Author's note: Thank you so much for the warm response! Sorry, guys! The beginning will be focused more on Freen... But! FreenBecky is coming soon. Let me know your thoughts in the comments!