Chapter 10

Freen was walking around the house nervously. She didn't know how to talk to her mother. She wanted to discuss these two big topics: the first kiss, and Becky's birthday. Her mother suddenly entered the house, rubbing her forehead, and mumbling "Damn! Such a headache!". She jumped directly onto the sofa, closing her eyes, and ignoring her daughter's frenetic movement.
"Mom! Are you alright?" Freen said stopping from walking.
"Oh! Hi, baby! My head is killing me!" Demi told her rubbing her forehead.
"Let me bring you a glass of water." Freen jumped and brought Demi a glass of water.
"Thanks! You're a blessing!" Demi mumbled taking the glass from her daughter and drinking some water.
"No, worries," Freen said, keeping shifting.
"Freen! Could you stop being so hyper-energetic? My head is spinning." Demi complain.
"Mhm! Sorry!"
"What's wrong? Why are you so panicked?" Demi asked.
"Mom! I want to tell you something, but I don't think is the right time..."
"Freen! Stop! Unless you're pregnant, there's a tiny chance I might die right now. So, tell me!" Demi demanded, still rubbing her forehead.
"Fine!" Freen took a sit on the sofa, next to her mother. "Firstly, I am going to have my first kiss on screen... Secondly, I was invited to Becky's party." Freen said looking for her mother's reaction.
"Ugh!!" Demi let out a frustrated sound and slapped her forehead so hard. "My head!! Please remind me why I let you play in that stupid movie?"
"Mom... What do I do about the kissing?" Freen bit her lip, nervously.
"I swear... When you have kids, you have problems... What the hell I am going to do with you? The last thing I want to know is that you are going to kiss that girl." Demi let out her frustration.
"Mom!! I am only looking for advice..."
"Freen!! What do you expect from me? Want me to exercise the kiss with you?? I can't help you! Just, do the kiss before the shooting. But not with Swift. With Hailee, for example! She's a nice girl!"
"Mom! That would be extremely awkward and embarrassing." Freen touched her own forehead.
"Well... What would be more embarrassing is to have the cameras on you, and you failing to kiss. You could peck her lips, the same I did to you when you were little." Demi said.
"Mom!!! That's it!! You are very embarrassing, and annoying!!! Ok, I am going to my room." Freen angrily sits up from the sofa.
"Wait!" Demi caught her by the arm. "Don't yell at me, because I swear I can't endure this headache! And did you say you are invited to Swift's birthday party?" Demi asked
"Yeah, mom! That's right!" Freen was frustrated about the situation.
"You're not going there, Freen!" Demi warned her.
"Of course, I have to go, mom! Everyone is going!" Freen said angrily.
"You are not going to their stupid party!! Tell her you are busy!!" Demi raised her voice.
"Mom! I am 24 years old. I am a future Lawyer. I know my rights. I am going there as a civilized person and that's it." Freen shook her hand out of her mother's and ran to her room.
"Ugh! This kid will never listen to me!!" Demi yelled and threw her glass on the floor.
After two days of hearing her mother warning her about not going to the party, Freen decided to cancel the invitation. Between her mother's unhappiness, and her attending the party, she chose not to upset her mother. Demi is the only person that she had right now. Her grandparents are in Texas because they wanted to go back to their hometown and be closer to her aunt's grave, so she's in LA with her mother only. However, Freen decided to tell her mother that she didn't change her mind, and she pressured her mother to tell her the reason why she hated Taylor that much. She never knew why they didn't get along, so her new goal is to find out.
Both Freen and Becky decided to have the first kiss scene as later as they could, and they communicated that to the movie director, who agreed to their option. This decision made both girls more relaxed. However, when Freen broke the news via a text message on Whatsapp, that she can not come to Becky's birthday party, the younger girl was very affected by that, and with her, Freen was also affected deep inside, but she didn't show that.
It was Saturday night when Becky's birthday party took place. Freen was on the sofa in the living room, reading a book, calmly. Demi noticed her daughter was all alone and too chill for attending a party, so she joined her on the sofa.
"Freen! Not that I am very curious about this, but today wasn't supposed to be Swift's
Birthday party?" Demi asked her daughter, calmly.
"I am not going anymore," Freen said, turning the page.
"How so?" Demi insisted. She knew her daughter is stubborn when she takes a decision.
"Mom? I swear I don't understand your behavior. You told me I shouldn't go there. I respect your wish, so I am staying home." Freen said taking her eyes away from the book. "I wanted to go there since everyone is attending, but between you and the party, I will always choose you, mom.." Freen said looking at her mother. Right before her mother started speaking Freen received a video from Hailee, who was at the party already, so Freen opened the video.
"Who's that?" Demi rushed to watch the video also. She noticed that there was a video from the party, and she also read Hailee's message saying "Becky is not enjoying the party.... She is very upset you won't come.". She also noticed that her daughter's facial expression changed while turning off her phone like she cannot bear any new updates from the party.
"Look! I am sorry! I swear that all I want is for you not to get hurt.."
"Yeah... I am going to my room." Freen stood up, leaving her mother alone.
Demi kept thinking about her daughter. She was thinking about the words that she heard from her. Freen chose to listen to her, instead of partying. What other proof that her daughter loves her she needs? She started shaking her leg nervously. Maybe she was too harsh on Freen. She might have exaggerated by not letting her go. She felt remorse for not allowing her daughter to go to the party. It's a stupid party. She trusted her daughter. She could swear that Freen would never do drugs or do something stupid. That's when she took her phone and called 4 people: Max - her bodyguard, her hairstylist, her makeup artist, and her fashion stylist.
"Freen! Come here, please!" Demi yelled from her living room.
Soon, Freen came into the living room, slowly, and with an upset face. She watched her mother who was walking around the house. That was similar to her reaction when she was stressing about saying something.
"Here you are! Look, missy! Promise you won't make me regret my decision.
"What's wrong?" Freen looked at her mother.
Right before receiving an answer, they were interrupted by the doorbell ring. There were the people who Demi phone called, and they rushed into the room like it was an earthquake.
"This is Freen! Please, make her look the best. She will attend Taylor Swift's daughter's birthday party. I want you guys to do the best job you could do!" Demi said to them. "Max, you will give her a ride and you will bring her home safe, and sound." Demi kept ordering everything for her daughter, and Freen was shocked to see everyone around her.
"Mum... Mhm... Demi! What is happening here?" Freen asked her mother.. she knew that in front of the others, she will call her mother by her name. She learned that when she was a toddler. However, now Demi ignored her question.
After an hour, Freen was standing in front of her mother, in a very beautiful black dress. Demi couldn't stop admiring her. She couldn't believe how fast and how beautiful she grew up.
"Ok! Go! Take care, and don't make me regret it" Demi said, and this made Freen smile so big. She wanted to hug her mother so badly, but she couldn't in front of all those people.
"Ok... Thank you so much, Demi! See you soon!" Freen smiled, took the present that she ordered for Becky, and went to the party, where Becky was not enjoying herself, and she kept thinking about why Freen rejected her invitation. It was her 21st birthday party. From now on she could drink alcohol, and she could embrace adulthood.
Soon enough, Freen arrived at Becky's house. She was very nervous, about being surrounded by so many people. Kirk was outside with Hailee, Zendaya, and Cole, talking, when she arrived. Max opened the door for her, smiling at her. "Here you go, Princess! Have fun! I will park the car and wait for you. Call me if there's something wrong." Max smiled at her.
"Thanks, Max! Don't worry! And sorry for keeping you all night!"
"You know I love you, kiddo!" Max said and entered the car, winking at her. He knew her since she was little. He always took care of her, driving her whenever he could, and hiding her from the public eye. And yes, he knew that she is Demi's daughter, and Joe's.
Freen slowly entered the yard, making her way to the party. She took a deep breath and kept praying she won't have a panic attack now. She was first greeted by Kirk, Hailee, Zendaya, and Cole.
"Damn! Are you an angel? Because I swear you fell straight outta heaven! You look so beautiful!!" Kirk said smiling and making Freen blush.
"Thank you! And, hi, everyone!" Everyone replied with "Hello" to her.
"I'm sorry! I noticed the car when you showed up... Was that Demi Lovato's bodyguard? Cuz I could swear I met him at some events." Zendaya said, shocking Freen and Hailee.
"Oh... Well... Actually, that is her father." Hailee said, quickly, trying to help her friend.
"Really? Ok, then..." Zendaya replied.
"Freen, why don't you go and say hi to the birthday girl! She is totally waiting for you!" Hailee pushed her friend a little, trying to avoid the awkward situation.
"Yes.. I'll be back!" Freen told them, letting Hailee switch to another topic of conversation.
Freen was making her way toward the indoor pool... She could hear the loud music and the people laughing. She suddenly saw the angelic figure, and her heart started beating faster. Soon enough, she was able to see Becky talking to someone. She was very serious. She looked like a Princess, wearing a beautiful pink dress, and her simple hairstyle... She was perfect... She kept thinking that Becky was the Shakespearean perfect version of the queen of fairies, Titania, from "A Midsummer Night's Dream", but without wings this time.
Becky randomly turned her head in Freen's direction, and at first, she didn't notice her presence, then she looked one more time... Here she was... The person she thought that she rejected her... Becky's face was suddenly invaded by a big smile. She excused herself and she ran towards Freen, hugging her tightly. Both girls felt the warmth of their bodies and inhaled the scents of their expensive perfumes, which made them feel something strange.
"You came!!! I am so happy!!" Becky said excitedly, hugging Freen.
"Well.. yes... I couldn't let you be alone at your birthday party." Freen said smiling. "Happy birthday, Princess!" Freen said to Becky's right year, and she kissed her cheek, blushing.
"Thank you so much, Freen!" Becky broke the hug and stared into Freen's dark orbs. Freen never looked that beautiful before.
"Here.. this is for you! I really hope you like it." Freen said blushing.
"Mhm.. May I open it?" Becky asked.
"Sure." Freen looked at the younger girl, trying to see through the gift bag like a child on Christmas Day. She took the gift from the bag excitedly, and she opened it.
"Wow! I didn't expect that. Such a beautiful necklace." Becky smiled.
"It's ok if you don't like it.. we could make a return, so you could choose something that you like," Freen said anxiously.
"Are you kidding me? It's perfect. Please, help me put it on!" Becky said with enthusiasm.
Both girls' hands touched when Freen took the necklace and they both looked down, while their breath stopped for a moment.
"Turn around, Princess!" Freen ordered, and Becky obeyed.
Freen slowly moved Becky's hair and placed the necklace around her neck. When Freen finished closing the necklace, she arranged Becky's hair back to how it used to be, and took her by the hand, spinning her around.
"Thank you so much, Simba! How do I look?" Becky smiled.
"Honestly... you couldn't look more beautiful than that.." Freen said blushing and making Becky also blush.
"Honestly... I could say the same about you. Let's go take some pictures at the photo corner!" Becky took Freen's hand and rushed to the photo corner.

....To be continued...
Author's Note: Thank you for the positive feedback!! Unfortunately, I am in the exams session, so I will update you whenever I can... And, damn! Episode 9 of "Gap the series" was lit. 💕👀🔥