Chapter 21

Little by little, Freen's condition kept improving. There was still a small limping while walking, but she could walk without crutches. The memory was also better, because she kept doing brain training exercises and kept taking the medication prescribed by the doctors. Demi was very happy that her daughter's condition was so much better, and the doctor assured her that she would soon be "normal" again.

On the other side, Becky tried to contact Hailee, but she never answered. The frustration was building up for Becky. The thought that Freen might be upset with her was somehow suffocating her. Her mother announced her that they would have an important meeting during dinner, so she was getting ready to receive her special guests. The doorbell rang and she could hear a lot of noises coming from downstairs, and that was her sign to go and meet whoever was there.
"Oh! Rebecca! Look at the special surprise I made for you! Cole and his family are here." Taylor said smiling at her daughter, and Becky gave her a fake smile. They were the last people she would want to see right now.
"Great... Hi, Cole! Welcome, everyone!" Becky said with a sweet smile, and took a sit next to Cole, because that was the only sit available.
In a few minutes, everyone started eating. Becky's mind was somewhere else. She was thinking about the reason behind having the Sprouse family all of a sudden at the dinner. Their parents were friends, but they didn't have dinner together for more than a year. She scanned her mother's face, who was smirking, and kept looking at her and Cole.
"Awww... Becky... You and Cole are such a cute couple, sweetie.." Taylor said smiling widely.
"Huh?" Becky questioned her mother with a puzzled look.
"Becky... Saying "huh" is impolitely..." Taylor warned Becky.
"I apologize. I was just shocked about what you said, Mum!" Becky explained, and everyone nodded, amused by the situation.
"Ok... I don't think I can resist anymore... Becky... You and Cole will start dating" Taylor said enthusiastically, and this made everyone smile, except for Harry and Becky. Harry dropped his cutlery off his hands, while Becky was choking a little with her food.
"Oh! Take this!" Cole gave Becky a glass of water, because she was coughing, and patted her on her back slowly.
"I'm sorry! What?" Becky said after sipping from the glass of water.
"Yes, sweetie. I signed a PR contract for you. You will gain so much money from the advertising." Taylor said happily. "Plus... I know you liked each other. You will only benefit from this." She winked at her daughter.
"Mom" "Tay!" Both Becky and her father raised their voice a little.
Harry knew his daughter had feelings for whom she thought she was Max's daughter. He knew that Becky was a child and she wouldn't be able to manage all this context. He was afraid of his daughter getting hurt. He searched for Becky's face and he saw that she was sad about the news, so he turned his face to his wife and shook his head while sighing.
"Mom.. didn't you think I'm mature enough to sign a contract by myself?" Becky said with a serious face, trying not to cause a scene.
"Rebecca, please, eat! Please, excuse us!" Harry said to Cole's family.
"It's not that, baby. The PR team had to replace the girl you played with... Faith, Freya, Faye, Finnley, Flynn..." Taylor said.
"Freen... Her name is Freen." Becky said, sighing, playing with her fork angrily.
"Whatever... I don't even know how they found that girl." Taylor confessed.
"Taylor!" Harry raised his voice at his wife.
"It's true... She is a nobody... she's not like our kids..." Taylor smiled at Cole's family, and that's when Becky punched the table with her fist, making everyone look at her.
"Yes. Freen is not like us... We were born into a well-known family, and everyone opened the doors for us, just because mommy and daddy were rich and famous. Freen wasn't like that. She had to work at least twice harder than us." Becky said with an angry face.
"Baby, people like her sleep with rich people in order to become famous," Taylor said, calmly.
"Freen is not like that!" Becky raised her voice while standing up from her seat.
"Taylor! Rebecca!! We have guests! Calm down!" Harry yelled at both his daughter and his wife, feeling ashamed of having a fight in front of the guests who were their friends.
"Harry! It's true.. Our daughter needs to know how normal people become famous nowadays.." Taylor played innocent.
"Fine. Enough! Excuse me! I'm not hungry anymore. And you..." Becky looked at Cole, pointing her index finger at him. "You were my friend. You were supposed to tell me that we will get a contract together." She said and ran away to her room, leaving everyone speechless.
Harry looked at his wife, sighing and shaking his hand in disapproval of both her and their daughter's behavior, and this made Taylor get angry.
"Don't look at me like that! You spoiled her too much! It's your fault she's acting like that." Taylor shouted at her husband, then she realized they have guests and she smiled at them excusing herself for the situation caused by her daughter.