Chapter 6

"Shh... Hailee... How can you ask such a question? Mind your own business. The moment when I will fall in love, there will be an earthquake. Mark my words! And really? Taylor's daughter? She's a baby. Psh... I would rather kill myself before my mother kills me. Plus, I'm straight." Freen said angrily, inhaling the smoke.
"Yeah, yeah, Jonas! Whatever makes you sleep at night! Did I ask you if you fell for her? I only asked if you find her hot... Judging by your reaction...." Hailee teased her friend one more time.
"Shut up, Steifield! Go to hell! I hate you!" Freen said angrily
"I love you too!" Hailee laughed at her friend and she was instantly slowly punched in her arm.
After they talked, Freen went back to the office. The conversation went on and there was an awkwardness in the air between Becky and Freen. The director set up the schedule for the filming sessions and they talked about the marketing strategy. Freen and Becky agreed with almost everything. Almost meaning that they agreed with everything except for the PR strategy.
"Ok... Freen and Rebecca... You will have to spend a lot of time together. You will need to interact with the fans. You should pretend that you are a lover. You could flirt with each other because all this stuff sells." The PR agent told them.
"What? Never!" Both of the girls disagreed in shock.
"Do you want me to read the contract that you have signed?" The PR agent told them.
"Ugh! He is right. At least me, I signed that I agree with the PR/advertising campaign!" Freen said with a defeated tone.
"We should sell the movie! At least be friends.." the PR agent told them.
"We will only be in front of the camera. We are actresses. We could do it." Becky said with a defensive tone, that shocked Freen.
"Ok... I only want followers, views, and a lot of sold tickets." The PR agent accepted Becky's offer.
"So, you are free for today. We will meet on Monday to do the fitting day. Ok? Probably on Wednesday, we will have to start shooting the first scenes. In three or four months we will finish it.." The director told them.
The girls agreed with the director and they left the office, only saying "goodbye" and "see you on Monday". They are trying to keep their distance from each other and act professionally.
Freen went home, where her mother waited for her. Demi was eager to know what her daughter did. At the same time, she was frustrated that she was not there for her daughter. All her work of hiding her daughter from the public eye is nearly spoiled by her daughter's wish of becoming an actress.
"Good afternoon, mom! I arrived!" Freen said entering her house.
"Oh... Freenie! You're here already... great! Now... let's take a sit and discuss everything!" Demi said to her daughter.
Freen told her about the workshop meeting, and everything they decided, avoiding the parts including Becky. She thought that her mother won't ask her about Becky and anything related to her, but she was wrong.
"How's Swift?" Demi asked a little bit irritated with the name.
"Mhm... Her name is Becky. She's 20. She seems a good person if you ask me.."
"Freen.. just don't! Please don't be friends with her and, don't even think about falling for her... ok? Stay away from Swift! She's bad news!" Demi warned her daughter.
"Mom... Why do you hate Taylor so much? The PR team told us we need to be friends, so we could sell the movie...And maybe Becky is different from her mother!" Freen tried to defend Becky.
"Freen Sarocha Jonas! Don't make me hate allowing you to play in a movie. And what is the script exactly? Don't tell me you have to kiss each other..." Demi said angrily while walking to the kitchen.
While her mother poured some water into a glass, Freen was trying to analyze what she should and shouldn't say to her mother. She closed her eyes while mumbling something incomprehensible. Her mother returned and stood next to her.
"So... what was the script? Huh?" Demi asked her daughter while taking a sip of water.
"I'll be your daughter in the movie and yes, I will have to kiss her!" Freen said faster, and that made her mother spill the water and drop the glass of water.
"No, no, no! I will call Rob immediately..." Demi said trying to reach her phone.
"Mom! What would you tell them? That I am your hidden daughter and she cannot kiss someone on screen? Also, it's part of the job. I will be Mitchie and Shane's daughter who is a rockstar, arrogant, and who fell for Becky's character, a random rich camper.." Freen explained to her mother.
"Ok...Do you need help? Let me call my friend, Julie... she is an acting couch. She will help you with everything. Is it ok?" Demi asked her daughter.
"Really? You will do that? Yay! You're the best!!" Freen hugged her mother tightly.
"Freen... After Dallas' death, I realized how important you are to me and how short is life in this world. I want to spend time with my daughter and be there for her. I love you!" Demi kissed her daughter's head.
On the other side, Becky discussed everything with her father. She also told him about Freen's kind gesture and about the script they will have to play. She also mentioned to Harry the things they discussed with the PR team, and how her mother advised her to keep her distance from Freen.
"How do you feel, Rebecca? Do you want to avoid Freen? That will be very hard." Harry told her.
"Well, dad... I will try to be friends with her, but I would not open up, until I know she's reliable." Becky told him
"Exactly! Your mom is a bit crazy. I would do the same as you said. So... what does she look like? Let's see her on social media." Harry kissed his daughter's forehead.
"Mm... Let me try to find her profile.." Becky typed her name, but she couldn't find her profile. "How strange... She doesn't seem to be into social media. I cannot find her"
"Maybe she has some accounts but she goes by nicknames or something. You should ask her about this. Try to get and know her, before being awkward..." Harry advised her.
The fitting day has arrived. Everyone was getting ready for the photo shoot and filming the intro of the movie. Freen had her makeup done and she waited for Becky to come. That's when she saw a familiar face that made her smile... It was Kirk.. her classmate... She didn't know he is also into acting.
"Freen! Can't believe we are both here! Didn't know you were into acting. Which character will you play?" Kirk asked smiling big.
"Hi, Kirk! I'm Sam, the rockstar... You? I didn't know you are into acting either?" Freen replied with a soft smile.
"Really? I will get to be your boyfriend..." he winked laughing at her.
"What? Are you John? It's nice then..." Freen smiled amazed to play with her classmate.
Becky now was fully dressed and ready for the shooting. She was smiling big and went to announce to Freen that she is ready. When she saw Freen smiling with her boy, she stopped and waited to see who is him.
"Ok... I will see you around, baby! We need to take a picture of us only because we are a hot couple." Kirk joked and hugged Freen, who laughed at the guy.
"Ok, babe! Take care! Remember to study for the upcoming test." Freen laughed and watched him leave to pose for his solo pictures.
When Becky saw them hugging and calling each other "baby", her smile dropped. She felt that awkward sensation of sadness mixed with anger. So, Freen has a boyfriend. But why does she care about Freen's love life so much??

...To be continued...