Off Limits 🦋

Hey! Here's another one, this one's an Octavia one.

Thea is Indra's daughter who is well loved by everyone in TonDC. She is smart, sweet, and always helping anyone she can. Everyone is a bit protective of her, especially her mother, Indra. Octavia is Indra's second and has seen Thea around the village and tries to get to know her, but Indra tells her to stay away. One day Octavia runs into trouble and an unexpected face helps her out.

POV Octavia

"Again. Come on Octavia" Indra says as she comes at me again with her sword. She knocks me down again and I huff getting back up and ready. "That's enough for today. Well done" she says and I smile at her. I head back to my tent and clean myself up and change. It's now just starting to get busy around the village, Oh! I'm in TonDC! I've been here training for a few months as Indra's second and I couldn't be happier. I feel like I really fit in here. Of course I miss my friends and brother but I never felt like I belonged with the rest of them, but I do here with the grounders. Well I guess I'm one of them now! I decided to walk around and get some food before I had to do my rounds around the perimeter. A smile made its way into my face as I saw the girl I hoped I would see. I don't know her name but I've seen her around helping out and I can't seem to take my eyes off her. I'm too nervous to go up and talk to her so, yes, I watch creepily from the distance. I'm forced to look away when I collide with another body. "Oh, God I'm so sorry" I stutter out embarrassed for my lack of attention. The man just huffs at me and mumbles something about stupid skaigona and walks away. I take a breath and look back over at the booth but she seems to be gone much to my disappointment. I sigh and decide to eat something before I'm late to my patrol.

The next day I meet Indra for training like usual and we start on our routine. "You are getting better. Less sloppy" she says making me smile a bit before straightening out and getting ready again to fight. "Indra" one of the warriors calls coming up to us causing us to stop. "What is it Tomas?" She asks annoyed. "There was a fight, many wounded" he says and she huffs and motions me to follow her as she slacks off with Tomas. We reach the medical tent and I see Nyko working on a few warriors that look to have seen better days. "What happened here?" Indra says with a raised eyebrow. "A group of idiots got into a fight about who was better." Nyko says making Indra growl at the two. "Where are the rest?" She asks. "They were more trouble to get in. Thea is dealing with them" he says and Indra looks madder then usual and storms off making me rush after her. "Indra?" I ask confused but she ignores me and walks to a group that's not far away. We get closer and my eyes widen to see the girl there and she seems to be trying to get one of them to sit. "Sit down" Indra growls and his eyes widen and he sits. "Thanks" the girl huffs and starts to patch his face. "Who started this nonsense?" She says narrowing her eyes at them. They all avoid eye contact and don't listen. "Fine then you are all on dish duty and stable cleaning" she says and they all groan but automatically stop when Indra raises an eyebrow. "Let's go Thea. Let these idiots clean themselves up." Indra says to the girl which I now know is Thea. It's a beautiful name. "Why are your warriors always so difficult Indra? Can't you make them all nice and smiley?" She says teasingly which to my horror and surprise makes Indra smile and chuckle a bit. "You can laugh?" I blurt making Thea burst out laughing and Indra smirk. I smile at her laughter, it's so beautiful and contagious making me let a soft laugh out. "I like this one. She's the Skaigona?" She asks making blush a bit. "Yes this is, Octavia. She is my second" Indra says. "Oh, I'm so sorry" she says seriously to me but winking at the end making me smile wide and make my cheeks get redder. "hush child. I am not that bad" Indra defends making her laugh. "I've only had to deal with it all my life. I think I'm more than qualified" she says making Indra huff but smile a bit. "Live with?" I question confused. "Oh you wound me. You didn't tell her about me?" Thea gasps and holds a hand over her chest. "No. Why would I it's personal." Indra says making Thea roll her eyes. "right I forgot you are a emotionalist general" she says bowing slightly in a mocking manner. "Thea" Indra warns making her wave her off unphased which makes me wonder what their relationship is. "I'm Indry's daughter" she says smiling making me gasp and Indra groan probably because of the nickname. "You have a daughter?" I ask in shock. "Yes" Indra says and walks off to her tent without another word making a Thea laugh. "She's fine. Well you might get her frustration out on you though later" she says laughing making me pale which only makes her laugh more. I smile at her and get lost watching her side profile. Her honey eyes that seem to glow in the light, her dark black hair that's braided perfectly, her cute button nose, her full plump lips that I just... "Octavia! You ok? You seemed to be lost in thought" she says tilting her head cutely. "Ya, um. Yes I'm fine. I need to go on my patrol before Indra yells at me" I stutter out. "Go, go Skaigona" she says smiling making a me blush and rush off.