Ice Heart pt 4 🦝

Sorry for the wait. Here's the next one.

POV Thea

It's been a few days since that night and I've gotten more comfortable here. With Lexa. I still haven't said those words to her but I think she understands. We haven't spent much time alone together these past days. Just dinner last night. We have been planning for Azgeda and how to defeat my mother. She of course is invited to the binding ceremony which is in 3 days, but she's coming a day early. Today Lexa asked if I could be there for today's meeting since I know all there is to know about Azgeda and my mother. But I have until after lunch so a few hours till someone will get me. I have other plans at the moment though, I heard whispering about Roan being banished by mother and if I can get to him he could help. Get Echo to help. I don't know her well but he seems to trust the spy and we will need an inside person. I don't really know what Lexa is planning and if she is going to just capture or kill Nia but I want her dead, so... I'll do it myself if need be.

I snuck out of the tower using back passages and then preceded to sneak out behind the wall. It wasn't easy but I managed. I know no one will be looking for me for a few hours since they are all preoccupied and I promised to stay in the tower. Lexa trusts me. Hopefully she'll be able to forgive me after all this is over. I've been running for about an hour to a spot Roan told me about. I've never been and I only have a drawing that he did to guide me, so this could end very badly if I get this wrong. I'm pretty sure I'm a bit lost already and have no idea how to get back but, oh well. I slowly down and try to regain my breathing as I pull out the drawing. That looks about right. If not I may be getting eaten by whatever creature lives in here. I slowly move the vines from the entrance and creep in, unsheathing my dagger. I creep further in and see a recently stomped out fire and a bed roll. I kneel down looking through the bag but suddenly get jerked around and kicked to the ground. I groan and feel a blade on my neck. "Thea?" I hear a gruff voice say. I blink a few times and Roan's face comes into view. "Brother" I say smiling lightly. He smiles and takes the sword of my neck helping me up. "It's good to see you sister" he says hugging me. "Nice to see you too. I heard what happened and needed to find you" I say and he nods pulling away. "I went against her wishes." He says as he packs up his bag. "She's always been dramatic" I say and he chuckles. "Did your owner let you out or did you escape?" He asks quirking a brow at me. I glare at him, "she doesn't own me. I'm my own person" I say and he smirks and I sigh, "I snuck out, but for good reason. We are planning to take mother down. I could use your help" I say and he crosses his arms. "We?" He asks. "Yes, the commander... Polis. Mother is coming in two days. She should be on her way now. Which is why you are moving is it not?" I ask crossing my own arms. "Yes. Echo has been keeping me informed" he says sighing. He grabs his bag and sheaths his sword. "Will you both help? We kill her. You become king, Roan. You deserve it" I say and he sraches his beard. "Is the commander on board?" He asks. "I can get her to. Trust me?" I can and he nods. "Only one I do besides Echo" he says and I smile. "Ok, I'll meet you in the east woods, there's a large boulder. Come just before the sunrises in two days. Are you able to get Echo on board with us?" I ask and he nods. "Yes, I'll meet her tonight and we'll come up with as much of a plan as we can. You'll have to do the rest" he says and I nod. "I already have an idea. I'll see you soon brother. Stay safe" I say hugging him. "I'm proud of you, Thea" he says as we pull away making me smile. We both head out but I stop and turn around. "Do you happen to know the way back?" I ask causing him to laugh. "here's a map. Be quick don't want the commander to think you're missing" he says smirking making me roll my eyes. We say goodbye again and I run off back to Polis. Hopefully in time...

I'm never. NEVER. running again. I was chased by a fricking panther! Then almost fell down a steep hill! I'm going to kill Roan, he definitely did this on purpose. I'm pretty sure I didn't not come this way. I just made it and practically threw myself into my room. I quickly cleaned up and changed. I have stupid bruises and cuts on me and a cut across my cheek from a dumb branch. I have no ideas how I'm to hide that. What do I even say? A knock sounds breaking my thoughts and I quickly finish my braids and open the door. "Princess, are you ready to go?" Anya asks. "Yes, just let me grab something real quick" I say without her noticing my face and rush to grab my drawing book that has everything in there we should need. I turn back and see Anya in the hall waiting. I close my door and give her a small smile. "What happened to your face?" She asks and I groan internally. I didn't think of an excuse. Good thing I'm a master at deception, thank you mother! "Oh, I was carving new painting tools from material at the market from the other day. I stupidly didn't put my hair up and used the hand that held my carving knife to move my hair in frustration. It's othing though, I've had worse" I mumble the last bit but I'm sure she heard me. "You should be more careful. You should have just gotten premade ones. Or Lexa could have gotten someone to do it for you." She says as we walk to the lift. Score one for Thea. I still got it. "I don't need anyone to do things for me. I like them a particular way no one seems to do. I'm sure it will be healed by the ceremony otherwise my mother will blow a gasket. No one wants that, trust me" I say rolling my eyes. Anya huffs a small laugh out making me smile internally. We reach the throne room and Anya stops a bit before the guards. "Lexa will be worried" she says and I huff. "It's barely a scratch. She's dramatic too" I say and she snorts. "Let's go everyone is waiting" she says and the guards open the doors.