17 - I'm not one of your employees, stop treating me like one.

I woke up the next morning with my head pounding.
I'm not sure what it was, it was just incredibly annoying and painful.

I got dressed and figured I'd get coffee from Joe's.

I was digging into my purse looking for change when I heard a familiar voice from above me.

"Hey, what can I get you?"

I looked up, meeting eyes with Cole.

I gave him a small smile. "Since when do you work here," I asked.

"9th grade," He said.

"What really,"

"I took last week off," He explained, probably why I hadn't seem him here beofre today.

"One caramel machiato, cold, no ice, extra coffee please," I said.

"Gotchu," He said, his voice breathy.

"Are you not going to school?" I asked, as he handed me the bill.

"Nah, my uncle's got work in the city till 5 so, I told him I'd be here," he said.

"What?"

"Joe," He said knowingly.

"Joe's your uncle?" I asked.

"Yep," He replied.

"huh," I sighed.

That was unexpected, I thought I'd know if Joe was Cole's uncle.

"I'll see you around," I said to Cole, picking my take away cup of coffee and walking out the door.

"I know, I thought she was lying about it too," Bella scoffed when I'd told her about how I visited April's house last night.

"I know, it's fucking crazy. That house is massive," I said.

"And that's coming from a Renolds,"

I let out a small laugh.

"Okay but Kiara, isn't her dad kind of a dilf," Bella said, popping into her mouth a piece of gum.

"Oh- wow, uhm... I'm scared to say anything. He seems way too powerful. I plead the fifth," I said and she laughed.

"No but like, you know with his cigarette and suit and gelled back hair," She added.

"Bella, she's your best friends father," I said.

"Best friends highly attractive father," She rolled her eyes.

Later in class, at around 10, I was actually paying attention for once in my life, when through the front door of the class, Mrs.Whitlaw, the principal walked in, with two suited up men behind her.

"Ms.Brown I'm so sorry to interrupt your class, Mr.Renolds is waiting outside to see his daughter, he flew all the way from LA for this, will you please excuse Kiara," She said.

Ahhhgh fucking hell.

Why couldn't he just text me, and ask me to skip class.

"Oh...yes, ofcourse," Ms.Brown smiled, as I uncomfortably walked out the class, every pair of eyes in the room, trailing behind me.

I closed the door behind me, instantly recognizing one of the two men that followed Mrs.Whitlaw here, and grinned.

"Doug, hey," I chuckled, as the large man put his arm around my shoulder affectionately.

"You holdin' up aight?" He asked, "Who's been holding all your shoppin' bags for you," He smiled.

"No one could ever replace you," I giggled, "I actually haven't gone shopping," I said.