7

1 Week later...

Y/n POV:

I hear Jenna tap her feet anxiously on the floor, we've been waiting for 30 Minutes now, waiting for Jenna to get called for the casting. I put my hand on her knee trying to comfort her, making her stop tapping her foot against the floor earning a soft smile from her my way. The last week has been okay, me and Jenna keep getting closer everyday, sometimes she'd leave to see Percy and act weird when she's back, I couldn't help but notice that she's been off and distant the last couple of days. The casting probably was getting on her nerves just like now.

" Miss Jenna Ortega?" we hear the receptionist say making us both stand up. "You can follow me." The lady tells Jenna nicely. "You'll be here right?" Jenna asks nervously. " I'll be here don't worry relax I know you're gonna get the role." I say putting her hair behind her ear. She quickly gives me a hug and follows the lady. I sit back and huff staring out the window. Nothings really going on outside until I notice a man trying to steal an old ladies purse. I grip my gun behind my pants growing angry as I burst out the door.

I blend with the rest of the crowd crossing the road pulling out my gun. I quickly look around aiming my gun making sure nobody's watching. I pull the Trigger the sound being slightly muffled from the silencer. The sound of screaming from the People around me filling my ears, as I smile satisfied hiding the gun in my pants. I take some time to admire the surroundings of People running and screaming, making me grin widely. I sigh and plaster a worried look on my face as I walk up to the old lady.

"Omg are you okay?" I ask approaching the lady helping her up. "Oh dear yes thank you." She says dusting herself off. "Of course." I reply reaching for her purse. " I assume this is yours ma'am ." I say smiling softly. " Yes thank you, let me tell you something your mother raised you right darling." She says smiling at me. " Who thought there were still good people around here, now days everyone turns their back to violence." She says patting my shoulder, I try to cover up my frown with a smile as she mentioned my mom. " Well, it was a pleasure helping you ma'am. But I have to get back before my girlfriend comes." I say smiling.

"Alright honey, let me tell you something about love." she pauses looking at me. " Todays love is just games and games just like everything else, that's not love, love is a feeling, a normal feeling. Something you feel in your heart. You feel like this is the person you've been waiting for your entire life. If that girlfriend of yours makes you feel that way, that's how you know it's real love and that you should keep her forever darling." she finishes, patting my shoulder one last time before walking away. I stand there watching her walk away thinking over her words.

I look down on the ground before looking back up crossing the road back to the building, noticing the people have calmed down and the sound of police sirens going off near by. I cringe at that quickly entering the Building and sitting back down smiling at the receptionist as she walks past me. I glance at her seeing her look out the window shaking her head. "People these days always choosing violence over talking calmly." she says mumbling. Making me smirk at my lap a bit. As she walks back behind the counter.

I look up from my phone as I hear footsteps my way. Seeing who it is I quickly stand up smiling at her, the words from the old lady repeating itself over and over in my head looking at her. " So how'd it go?" I ask engulfing her in a hug. I feel her wrapping her arms tightly around my waist. "It was okay I think, they said they'll call me in a couple days." She mumbles in my chest. "Well i'm sure you'll get good news butthead." I say kissing her temple. Earning a soft smile from her for the nickname I gave her. She wraps her arm around mine as I made my way to the door opening it for her. "Such a gentlewoman." She exclaims surprised making me laugh.

We walk, waiting for the light to turn green so we can cross the road. The green light signals for us to cross the road. I glance at Jenna seeing she noticed the cop cars around the store where the old lady was. I quickly pretend like I don't notice them, seeing the dead body being covered with a white cloth. Making me smirk as I keep pretending like I was busy looking forward. I feel Jenna looking at me knowingly making my smirk grow bigger. That made me give myself away as I chuckle biting my lip. " You're unbelievable you know that?" She says punching my chest playfully. " I don't know what you're talking about butthead." I say unlocking my car. She makes me lean against it her hands on my chest. " Oh I think we both know what I'm talking about criminal." She says teasingly. I just keep looking at her with a smirk the words of the old lady still not leaving my mind, as I admire the little smug growing on Jenna's face as she glances up at me.

"Was is at least worth it?" She asks. "Very." I respond before we both lean in for a short but lovingly kiss. I open the car door for her, quickly making my way to the drivers side shutting the door. "Dude was trying to steal an old ladies purse." I sigh while putting on my seatbelt. " I couldn't let that happ-" I feel her soft pairs of lips against mine. I quickly kiss back pulling away confused " What was that for?" I ask looking into her eyes. "I don't know I just had the urge to kiss you because you looked out for the grandma." She says smiling. "Are you going soft on me Ortega?" I ask making the both of us get a deja vu back to the diner. "Shut up and drive Y/n." She says smirking leaning back to her seat.

" Yes ma'am." I say teasingly starting the car hearing her giggle at that. God I could listen to that giggle every second of the day.
"I think you are the one going soft on me missy." She says grinning widely. I furrow my eyebrows " I said that out loud didn't I?" feeling my cheeks turning red. "Yeah you did but I'll embarrass myself for you too. The thought is mutual." She says smiling making me look at her, smiling widely. "Eyes on the road." she says sternly making me clear my throat looking back at the road.

This woman I swear. I think to myself shaking my head chuckling.

--------
1191 Words.