Chapter 50

"Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby- awkwardly, and often with a great deal of mess."

― Lemony Snicket

(I love Lemony, The series of the unfortunate events are the bomb- anyone ever read them?)

---

Picture: Riley and the newborns

Video: No Pressure by Justin Bieber ft Big Sean 

---

9 months later:

"Come on Skylar" Ross encouraged me. I felt nothing but pain, dizziness, tiredness and desperation? Why you ask, well. I am giving birth to my twin boys at the moment. So yeah, give a sec.

"ARRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH" I screamed, most likely deafening the doctor and midwives in the Room. The epidural in my spine released some of the tension but it was still there, raw and hot. "Last one honey" Cara my midwife stated. I nodded and took in a deep breath desperately trying to gain all the strength I had left after my six hours in labour with the boys. "One big one Sky" Ross kissed my wet hair that clung to my heated forehead. On three, I said to myself. One Two Three. A few moments of my screaming piercing notes, I heard the sound of a baby cry. The pain I felt felt smaller and smaller as soon as the nurse lifts his little body for me to see him. I want to hold him instantly. He had brown hair from what I can see. She lifted him on top the curve of my breast for him to settle. I felt waterfalls of tears well in my eyes when I saw him lying there starring at me. His huge dazzling blue eyes looking at me, Wait? Blue eyes? Me and Ross have Brown eyes. Oh yeah- all babies are born with blue eyes first. I wanted to kiss him and cradle him, but couldn't when the nurse lifted him off from me. I started to panic when she took him away and Ross calmed me down.

"Baby, you will see him, but first there is another you need to push out" he explained. I froze remembering there's two. I felt a shocking pain through my legs and I instantly felt the fight to push. Harder and harder by the seconds, a delicate scream echoed against the hospital ward in which had me settling my breath. I watched the nurse clean him up and place him on the curve of my breast, pain shot through my stomach. I hissed and Ross picked up our son from me. "we will clean them up, weigh them and measure them and then you can feed them Mrs Lynch" Cara smiled happily. "Congratulations by the way" she winked and took my baby boy to the end of the room. "Okay Skylar, now the hard parts done- just one more thing. I need you to push out the placenta." 

Ross gripped my hands and kneeled down to the side of me, "Come on baby"

----

Ross was starring in the direction of our boys and I tried to see but I couldn't due to the cover the had over my stomach. I squeezed his hand and he looked back at me wiping his tears. "Let me help you sit up" he instantly held on my waist and gently step by step eased me up on the bed. I smiled tiredly at him feeling my eyes droop from all the energy pushed out of me. "You did good butterfly" he kissed my forehead, making me instantly close my eyes and melt into him. "which one is Aston and which one is James?" Ross asked. I smiled and laughed. I want to call the first one Ashton, he seems to be the louder one out of the two and the second baby is James, he's more calmed then Aston" I explained watching James watch everything in amazement and Ashton cry. "Is that OK?" I asked him. "Of course, I can see where your coming from" he laughs and uses a towel to wipe at my wet skin.

"we are going to transfer you to a maternity ward and out of the labour ward. We will bring your boys there and we will discussed the names and so long" Cara informed me. I felt a panic rise in me. "Don't worry Skylar, we will get your boys to you fast, safely and as soon as possible. We will take good care of them." I nodded and calmed.