Chapter 5

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." 

— Dr. Seuss

—-

Picture: Skylar crying

Video: Teacher by Nick Jonas

—-

Ross' POV

I got home and picked Skylar up from the car, her small hands cupped the side of her head, as her eyes remained to a rested close. I locked the car and opened the door which soon I ended up in my room, we have no guest room because I have 4 siblings and parents, so it's a six bedroom house which is massive. I placed Skylar on the bed and went to the bathroom to shower, tonight has been just too much. Taking of my shirt I look in the mirror, am I really getting married? More importantly am I really marrying Skylar? She hates me. I can't be a husband, I don't know how? I won't be loyal or do that lovey dovey crap. I flirt with hundreds girls. I enjoy it and all of sudden telling me to be caged and pinned down to one women. I'm only 18 years old. That's too young. I run my hands over my face and let the boiling water burn my skin.

After my shower, I walk back into my room only in my boxers to find a sleeping Skylar on my bed

After my shower, I walk back into my room only in my boxers to find a sleeping Skylar on my bed. God, is she still sleeping? She's kind of looks like a little puppy when she sleeps, the cute pout that is currently dancing lazily on her lips reminds me off when she slept round my house years back.

-Flashback-

"I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU ROSS" She screams as she helplessly tries to shrink into the corner of the wall more. "Please, please, PLEASE ROSS GET IT AWAY FROM ME, PLEASE" She screams as her eyes start to fill up with tears when the stick that currently had a cockroach on the edge of it. I laugh at her facial expression. "Stop being such a girl, It's not going to eat you" I pull it away from her face. I felt bad for making her scared to the extent of her 10 year old self cry, I wanted to hug and apologise, I hate seeing her cry.

She wiped her tears away and started to shake in the corner of the room. I threw the stick with the bug outside and immediately hugged her to myself, letting my arms hold her sobbing shoulders. "You know I-I'm afraid of bugs" She cries and looks up at me. I want to hit myself a hundred times over for making her cry. "I'm sorry Skylar" I said seriously doubting why she still is my friend till this day. "It's ok, b-but please don't do that again" she lies her head on my shoulder. I stroke her soft hair and close my eyes loving... Loving... Her smell? Her hair? I think loving her in my arms. "I promise, I won't ever do something like that to you again" I rested my head over hers. "Ross" she yawns. "yeah" I respond. "I love you because your favourite friend and you make me smile when i'm upset" she kissed my blush full cheek and relaxed her head back on my shoulder. My arms immediately kept her close to me, safe and secure. "I love you to Skylar. Your my bestest friend" I leaned my head on hers and just watch the birds tweet and the wind dance with the leaves.