Don't Talk Back to Me🥺

Jake sat on the couch of his band's tour bus, warming up by playing some scales on his guitar as they drove down the highway to their next destination. It was fairly early(at least in tour standards), but his guitar wasn't plugged up, so he wasn't concerned about waking anyone up by accident.

He enjoyed getting up before everyone else, having some time to himself was rare when you lived on a bus with twelve other people for months at a time, so he cherished these moments greatly.

Jake had decided to stay on the old bus for a few days, the newer bus was great and all, but things were a little too crazy over there, and he just wanted some peace and quiet.

Peace was something none of them were experiencing during this tour. The Resurrection was a hilariously ironic name for a tour that was quite literally killing them. The only thing being brought back to life was the misery they had dealt with during 2014-15.

Jake missed being in the van.

As strange as it seemed considering they were in not one, but two beautiful buses now, he missed the early days.

It wasn't necessarily the van itself that he missed more so than how fucking simple things were back then. He missed when they all hung out and spent time together, he missed sitting outside the venue smoking cigarettes and shooting the shit.

He missed his fucking band.

Jake startled when he felt the couch dip next to him, but the familiar smell of expensive cologne, and the sound of paper rustling told him who it was, and he smiled.

"You're up early." He commented, not looking up from his guitar.

All he received in reply was a halfhearted grunt. Jake chuckled in amusement at that as Andy began writing what he could only assume was a song idea that couldn't wait until later.

Jake hummed as he started playing a random song, listening to the sound of Andy's pen scratching against the paper of his notebook. "How's your throat?" He asked.

Andy had gotten laryngitis, and they had to postpone a few shows so he could recuperate. It wasn't an ideal situation at all, but there wasn't anything they could do about it unless they wanted Andy to destroy his vocal chords and in turn the band.

Though that was going to happen to the band whether Andy lost his voice or not, it seemed.

"Better." Andy said, clearing his throat. Jake winced at how raw and weak his voice sounded.

"You sound better." Jake said because unfortunately it was true, Andy couldn't speak above a whisper a few days ago.

Andy merely shrugged at this as he scribbled in his notebook.

"Have you been doing all the shit that the doctor has said for you to do?" Jake asked.

"Yes, mother." Andy croaked out sarcastically, making the guitarist snort. Even when he was sick, he still had to be a smart ass in some capacity.

"Don't talk back to me- seriously, you shouldn't be talking period." Jake laughed. "I know not talking is hard for you, but you need to at least try so we can get back to playing shows." They've only missed a couple so it won't be hard to make up those shows end of tour.

"Don't worry, I won't fuck anything else up, I promise." The singer whispered since it was too painful for him to talk any louder than that.

Jake stopped playing his guitar, and turned to look at Andy, his face serious as he studied the younger man.

"Andy, you didn't fuck anything up. It's not your fault you got sick." He said, frowning when Andy wouldn't look up at him.

"Not according to some people." Andy mumbled, doodling on the page.