Gotta Whisper Cause I Can't be too Loud 💀

Jake was sitting on the floor in his closet, having gotten home a few minutes prior. He and his girlfriend, Janette were supposed to go out for dinner, but she decided she needed to film a get ready with me video before they left.

"I'm getting ready anyways, might as well make content with it." Janette had said two hours ago. Their reservations were for 7:30, and it was 9 o'clock at night. Jake was alone, tired and starving.

Jake didn't care about her filming. It was her job after all, Jake just didn't really understand why she had to film now. She had no deadlines to meet, no trends she absolutely had to jump on before it passed, no collabs with another influencer. Nothing. She just decided to film and make money off of their date night.

Jake let it go and agreed for her to do it since she swore it was only going to take an hour at most to film. But of course that wasn't the case.

Jake was annoyed at 6:45 when he had called out to her asking if she was ready only for his girlfriend to yell at him for 'ruining' a take for an ad. He was not informed that she was filming an ad. She told him that it was only a Get Ready With Me.

Jake was pissed at 7:00 when he went to her film studio to find her still in her robe and her hair still up in rollers. "Jake, I am being sponsored to use these rollers, I have to film content with them." She had said with an eyeroll, shooing him out of the room so she could continue filming.

Jake was furious at 7:30, texting her to tell her that he hoped the video was worth it because they couldn't go to the restaurant now.

Jake was upset at 8:15 when he saw that his text message hadn't even been opened yet.

Jake was hurt at 8:20 when he walked out of her house and got into his car to go home. He drove with the radio off, his mind numb as he tried to ignore what had just occurred.

Now Jake was sitting alone on the floor in his closet like an absolute loser because his girlfriend stood him up for a fucking video. He had changed into some sweatpants and a Metallica t-shirt that he couldn't remember where he had gotten it(that was a lie, Andy got it for him for Christmas five years ago).

His plans for the evening went from going to a fancy ass restaurant with his girlfriend to now eating ramen and watching friends or something.

Janette still hasn't texted or called him to apologize or even ask where he had gone. Jake was sure she was probably still filming. Maybe she even moved on to another video since she no longer had to go out.

'Andy wouldn't have done this.' He thought. Andy was a workaholic for sure, but he always made time for the people he loved, and he also hated being late for things so he would never start working on something right before a dinner reservation. If anything, he would be at least thirty minutes early to said reservation, laugh about how early they were, and suggest they go for a walk until it was time. That sounded really nice actually-.

Jake quickly shook his head. He still had a girlfriend, he couldn't have thoughts like that.

Jake wondered if she was going to pretend they were still able to go out for the sake of the video or if she was going to be 'relatable' and say they missed their reservation. He could picture it in his head. She would check her phone and make a big show of the time and laugh at herself for not checking.

Her fans would comment on what a "mood" she was and applaud her for being transparent.

"Transparent, my ass." Jake grumbled to himself, standing up to go into his kitchen to make the aforementioned ramen.