Chapter 8

Unfortunately, Hiccup did manage to outrun her and shake her off his trail. After not finding him anywhere in the forest, she returned home. For the next few days, Hiccup seemed to avoid Freya and the others. He became more and more skilled in dragon training, which only confused everyone more. Though he never once hurt the dragons. It was amazing how fast he improved in only one day.

Freya explained the details to Starfire of her issues and problems, Starfire only let out a huff and rolled over so his back was facing her.

"Oh come one. You must know something! Please help me. I just want to make sure he's not doing anything crazy while training out here." Freya pleaded as she unwrapped the bandage around his foot. It was his last day of healing, and he was finally able to walk. Though Starfire only huffed at her. Freya narrowed her eyes, "I guess I'll find out myself if you don't help me." The dragon in response chuffed at her, probably laughing at her stubbornness.

Freya sighed and ran her hands through her curls. He wasn't going to help her, that much was clear, so she'd have to figure it out alone. Freya's brows furrowed as she sat down beside the white dragon, "Does your foot feel better at least?" The dragon cooed, nuzzling her leg.

The blue-eyed dragon let out a heavy breath before pulling himself up and stretching his stiff muscles. Freya took notice of how beautiful his wings were once he stretched them, the sun shone on the iridescent wings causing them to glitter.

Freya watched him, a smile dancing on her lips. If she was being honest with herself she was feeling a little sad. Now that Starfire was healed, he going to leave her. Freya wasn't entirely sure she could just go back to the way they were before, back to being without Starfire.

Starfire looked over at his human and noticed her inner turmoil. He let out a soft coo, nudging her side softly with his snout.

"It's fine..." Freya said, gently placing her hand on his snout. Starfire huffed, clearly not believing her lie. With a soft growl, he reached around and snagged the back of her tunic between his teeth, lifting her off the ground. Freya's eyes widened at the sudden movement and instantly tried to break free. Starfire tossed Freya onto his back and without another warning took off into a sprint.

"Starfire, I'm quite literally begging you to stop." Freya gasped, instantly wrapping her arms around the dragon's neck as she tried to keep her balance, while situating herself properly on his back.

Starfire simply gave a soft growl to her. After a moment, she finally seemed to have it and loosened her grip on the dragon's neck. Only then did she look up and see where they were going.

"Starfire," she said in a warning tone. "What are we doing here?" She whined, tightening her grip as the dragon stopped at the edge of a cliff. The dragon looked back at her and gave Freya the dragon version of an evil grin before taking a step forward and dropping off the side of the cliff. Freya let out a short but loud scream of pure terror, instantly burying her face in his neck, wrapping her arms around him tighter, and holding on to him like he was her lifeline. Which he was since he was the only thing stopping her from falling to a very early death.

The falling sensation didn't last long. Soon, the world leveled and the wind stopped whipping past her ears. Freya slowly pried open her eyes and lifted her head, her long curls flying in the wind, "Woah.." Was all she could say. Starfire was now flying smoothly through the air, his wings fully extended. The setting sun made her skin and his scales shine giving them both an ethereal glow.

The white dragon slowly climbed higher in the air. Freya still held on tight, but loosened her grip and sat up more to see the beautiful scenery. Freya unwrapped a single arm and lifted it, her fingertips just brushing the bottom of the cloud. She pulled her hand away and examined the moisture that had gathered on her fingers. It felt like a heavy mist kissing her fingertips. A gleeful smile broke out on her lips.

"This is amazing!" She squealed, giggling as the cloud rushed past her hand. Starfire glanced up at her, a content expression in his eyes. Suddenly, his ears flicked before he ducked his head, looking below them. Freya noticed and leaned forward, peering down to see as well.

Flying below them was a dragon with scales the color of the night sky, flying off the coast of her island. Freya had never seen a dragon with scales like that, or even one that had mismatched tail fins. The dragon looked very similar to her Starfire, but what caught her attention was the familiar figure on the dragon's back, "Is that.. my brother...?"