Chapter 11

Freya couldn't stop herself from dozing off, by time she was awoken the match was over and everyone was celebrating Hiccup's victory. Hiccup won which meant he would have to kill a dragon in front of the entire village. Freya felt nauseated at the thought of what was to come. Hiccup would have to kill a dragon, but he couldn't. What would happen with Toothless or even Starfire? The girl let out a shaky breath, her hands grew clammy and she felt sick to her stomach. Freya was developing tunnel vision, she just needed to get away right now. Standing up and taking a few steps back, Freya turned on her heels and started running towards the forest.

"What are we going to do, Starfire?" Freya exclaimed tears welling up in her eyes as she explained the situation to the dragon. "Hiccup can't kill! I know he can't! That dragon doesn't deserve to be killed either."

The White Fury simply stared back at her silently. He could tell she was upset, but he was unable to understand the full capacity of her issue. Starfire nudged her side softly in hopes of making his human relax, "I'm sorry, I'm just scared for them..." Freya sighed, wrapping her arms around the dragon's head and resting her head against his. The dragon gave a coo, pressing into her as he closed his eyes. They stayed like that for a few minutes, enjoying the comforting presence of each other. Starfire suddenly pulled away, turning to look off into the forest, his ears tilted to listen. He suddenly extended his wing, shielding Freya's smaller form and pushing her behind him.

Freya was confused by his sudden actions, but quickly silenced herself when she heard footsteps not far away from them. As they drew closer, Starfire wrapped his tail around Freya, baring his teeth as a low deep growl sounded from his chest.

Freya peeked her head from under his wing to see who or what was approaching and she saw the familiar bright green eyes and messy brown hair. Starfire relaxed and moved to the side, "Freya?" The gentle voice of her brother called out as he stared at them in surprise.

"Hiccup!" She exclaimed in surprise. "Sorry, we thought you were a threat." She said, "What's that?" She asked, pointing to the large brown basket in his hands.

Hiccup looked down at the basket he had set down and took a nervous breath. "I uh...I decided to leave."

His sister stared at him for a moment until his words finally clicked in her head. 'Without me? You can't leave us!" She yelled, tears gathering in her eyes, causing both the boy and dragon to flinch. "Our family will be torn apart!" She cried, the tears starting to pool down her cheeks.

"Well, what am I supposed to do!" He exclaimed. "I can't kill a dragon, Freya. I would never be able to live with myself if I did or even worse they find out about Toothless and Starfire because of me."

Freya bit her lip as she tried to wipe the tears away. She knew he was right, but that didn't mean she wanted to lose him or the life they had on Berk. When her mother was taken away she was no more than a year old, and then she came to live with the chief and his son. Stoick never treated her differently than Hiccup and loved her just like he would if he had a daughter, she wasn't ready to let that go.

"Let me come with you to see you off at least!" She suddenly said, looking up at her brother with determination. Freya didn't want him to leave, but she needed time to stall to think of a plan.

Hiccup looked at her, thinking this over, then slowly nodded. "Fine, I'm going to go see Toothless." He relented.

The siblings walked over to the cove that Toothless stayed in. Hiccup sent Starfire and Freya off to go look for the dragon while he started packing.

"Toothless we're leaving! We're leaving. Let's pack up. Looks like you and us are taking a little vacation. Forever." Hiccup said while placing his basket against a boulder on the ground.