Chapter 12

"Can you two stop running?!" Hiccup yelled at Astrid and Wren, looking down to where the two were running on the forest floor.

"Leave me alone!" Astrid yelled back as both she and Wren climbed up a log. They were about to jump down from there but was grabbed and lifted from the ground into the sky.

"Oh, great Odin's ghost! Oh, this is it!" Astrid shrieked trying to hold herself on to Toothless.

"Hiccup put me down or so help me-!" Wren yelled holding on tightly to Toothless other leg.

Freya hovered above them while Hiccup flew to a tree and let them go. Both Astrid and Wren were lucky enough to grab the same branch. Wren was used to climbing trees when he was younger, so he immediately wrapped his legs around the branch before Toothless landed on it and made it bend. Astrid on the other hand was hanging from it for dear life.

"Hiccup, get us down from here!" Astrid yelled as she tried to climb up towards him.

Freya landed on a tree close to them and held a hand out, "Please just hear us out. I'm begging you." She groaned.

"You have to give us a chance to explain." Hiccup tried but Astrid wasn't having it.

"I am not listening on anything you have to say!" She yelled back and moved closed to them.

"Then i won't speak, or we won't, but just let us show you." He begged.

"Please." Freya pleaded as she stretched her hand closer for one of them to grab. With a little hesitation Wren grabbed Freya's hand. Starfire flew closer, but growled at the boy as Freya helped him get on Starfire's back.

After thinking about it Astrid hoisted herself on the branch and hesitantly touched Toothless who growled at her. Hiccup tried to offer his hand to help her up but she smacked his hand away and pulled herself into the saddle.

"Now get me down." Astrid ordered, despite her stern tone, she was clearly terrified being on the back of a fire breathing lizard.

"Toothless, down. Gently." Hiccup patted the Night Fury's side and he open his wings and slowly lift from the tree, "See? Nothing to be afraid of." Hiccup started to say, Freya opened her mouth to warn Hiccup because she could see the mischievous expression in Toothless eyes, but she was too late. The dragon flapped his wings and the two teens shot off into the air causing Hiccup and Astrid to scream.

Freya blinked owlishly, "Starfire, I will throw up on you if you even try to do that. Now please take us back to the cave, take us the long way around though." She told him patting his side gently. Starfire grumbled, but complied with her request. Before Starfire took off Wren wrapped his arms around Freya's waist, his only anchor for not falling off mid-flight.

Wren and Freya were silent for a good minute on the way back before Wren finally broke the silence, "How long?" He quietly asked the red head.

Freya glanced behind her at the boy, "What do you mean?" She asked quietly.

"You know what I'm talking about. How long have you been keeping this secret? Do you know how crazy this is? Do you know how much danger you're putting yourself and everyone else in?" He scolded.

Freya tongue pushed against her inner cheek, a sign of her growing frustration, "First of all I'm not a baby, don't scold me like one. I am more than aware of the situation i put myself in. I don't need you or dad hovering over my shoulder to make sure I'm okay." She hissed out at him.

"You're so stubborn! Those dragons have killed hundreds of us!" Wren said.

"And we killed thousands of them! What don't you understand! They aren't what we think. I would never intentionally try to hurt my village. You know that." Freya said, finally lowering her voice. Starfire made a cooing noise to comfort her, "I'm okay Starfire."

Wren sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose in agitation, "I know you... so I know you'd never put any of us in danger on purpose, but what are you going to do Freya? If your dad finds out he'll flip out. What about the tomorrow?" Wren said rubbing the back of his head. The dragon landed in front of the cave, allowing the two humans to unmount him before walking into the cave, lighting it up with fire.

Freya smiled a bit and shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know honestly. No one can find out about this though. I think I have a plan, just trust me. I never ask big favors, but I really need this. Please? All I'm asking is for you to trust me." She said, staring up at him with pleading eyes.

Wren frowned and rolled his eyes, shaking his head "I'd blindly follow you anywhere." He muttered under his breath, much too quiet for her to hear, "I trust your judgment." He sighed.

Freya smiled and hugged him tightly, "Thank you so much. You won't regret this I promise!" Freya said before following Starfire into the cave. Freya rubbed Starfire's head affectionately and smiled, "Thank you boy"

Wren watched the exchange with mild curiosity, "Well, what now?" Wren asked bringing Freya's attention back to him.

"Let's sit and talk more. At least until you have to go home. I want to tell you about everything." She said, a smile appearing on her lips, "Come on, there's a lot to talk about." She offered walking into the cave, followed by Starfire. Wren hesitated for a moment before letting out a deep sigh and following behind the duo as well.