chapter- 10. What's with this tension?

"U-uh excuse me?"Yoongi walked up to a old man sleeping by the end of the street, the man looked up at him with a snarl and did not at all try to hide his annoyance. "Sorry for the bother, but may I know  what's the best place to sleep rough around here?"

The old man, as expected rolled his eyes at Yoongi and turned away. "Get lost, leave me alone."

Yoongi sighed in disappointment. Of course, what'd he even expected? Why would anyone be kind to an inexperienced vagabond? He stepped away from that place and slowly headed towards God knows where.

Even if he did expect something like this to happen to him, he doesn't have any backup for this situation. Joohyung isn't back from his business trip and all the decent spots on the streets are already taken.

It was snowing and the sun was about to set, so if Yoongi doesn't want to get frostbite or freeze to death, he needs at least find a shelter where he can hide his head.

He walked around for a while but still couldn't find a place to crash at, the snow started to fall even heavier and it was getting harder to walk any longer so Yoongi decided to stop at the shop nearest and take refuge there for the time being only to find out that it was the bar he was at the other day.

The bar wasn't open yet and it looked like it wouldn't be any sooner so Yoongi decided he could stay there for this night.

"Oh? Min Yoongi-ssi?"

Yoongi snapped his head towards to the source of the voice to find the bar owner from the other day and alongside him was a guy covered in black clothes.

Yoongi's glad he didn't sit down, otherwise it'd have been so awkward.

"What are you doing here at this hour? It's snowing, shouldn't you be at home sitting in front of the log fire and drinking hot choco?"Namjoon smiled at shorter.

"Uh.."Yoongi rubbed his nape awkwardly,"I-It's a bit complicated and I can't get into details but I sort of got evicted from where I was living at and the only friend I have is out on a business trip so I.. um.. I'm searching for a place to crash at for the time being."

"What?"Namjoon arched a brow at the shorter,"they kicked you out when the weather's like this? What kind of monster would do that?"

Yoongi scoffed. "Tell me about it..."

"So you don't have money to crash at a hotel too, I assume?"Namjoon asked,"no wait, why would you even be here if you had the money. I apologise."

"I-It's fine."Yoongi said, twitching his eyebrows. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't offended, but what the man was saying was the truth. He was indeed penniless.

"Hmm,"Namjoon rubbed his chin and inspected Yoongi for a second. Then he asked,"have you worked as a waiter before?"

Yoongi blinked. "Pardon?"

——

Yoongi's life has been a life of constant poverty since his days at the orphanage. At the age of 29 his sole friend was Joohyung and that clearly shows the extent of his personal relationships.

Yoongi thought as he was sitting beside Taehyung the other day on the stairs, drinking tangerine juice, that he had no desire to come clean about any of his numerous crises.

"Aren't you gonna say anything?"Taehyung asked as he stared at Yoongi with his chin resting on the palm of his hands.

Yoongi, still a bit tipsy from the alcohol he had consumed earlier, had simply glanced at the male and turned away to continue sipping the juice.

"No poison, I see,"Yoongi said as he looked at the juice. He then looked at Taehyung and pouted. "I thought you'd put something suspicious and I was gonna die..."