Chapter 3 - "You don't have to be a jerk"

Okay so I did say this in the last chapter but I wanted to say it again for anyone who forgot. Basically i'm time skipping right before korra and y/n meet for the first time in 3 years. Also A quick recap, Y/n is being forced to train the Fire ferrets to pay for her crimes... But their kind of growing on her.

Korra's POV:

Ever since I've  gotten here Tenzin has been all boring. 

This morning I was reading the news paper about a pro-bending match. Even when I was a kid, I always dreamed of going to one of them. 

Me and y/n planned to go when we were older, I guess that didn't really hold up.

"What do you say we go to the arena tonight, catch a few pro-bending matches?" I say to Tenzin.  "That sport is a mockery of the noble tradition of bending" he says while sipping out of his stupid, little cup. 

"Come on, Tenzin! I've dreamed about seeing a pro-bending match since I was a kid and now I'm just a ferry ride away from the arena." I plead. "Korra, you're not here to watch that drivel. You're here to finish your Avatar training.  So, for the time being, I want you to remain on the island." He really is a party pooper.

So I went anyway.

sorry i had to skip all the boring stuff it was actually killing me omg.

I water bend myself up into a window and run down the hallway. As I was passing a large room, my curiosity got the better of me.

 Its was a pro-bending gym, A REAL PRO-BENDING GYM. 

All of a sudden some guy pops up out of nowhere. "Hey. What are you doing in my gym?" I didn't know what to do so I just used the old bathroom excuse. "Ah, the old "I had to pee" excuse!" 

great, just great.

 "You know, I'm sick and tired of you kids sneakin' in without payin'! I'm taking you to security." "No wait-" 

Another guy walks in the room but he seems a lot sweeter that this guy 

"There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you!" 

huh?

"It's alright Toza, she's with me" 

Wait is he helping me 

"uh yeah, i'm with him" 

wow this guy really saved me. 

but then he keeps going 

"so you see, we're together" 

and ruins it.

"Well, not together together, more like friends." I say awkwardly, trying to save any dignity i had left. 

"Right, friends. No, no, no I didn't mean to imply." he says attempting to rescue himself 

"Oh, you implied it." I mumble softly only enough for me to hear. 

 The Toza guy says" Ah, I don't care what you are! I got work to do." phew I'm safe "Right this way, miss" the nice guy says "and thank you sir" i say playing along. 

We soon enter a room. "Best seats in the house" And he wasn't kidding, you could see the whole stadium from up here. Two guys walk in while bolin introduce himself as I do in return. Bolin gets called over by won of his team mates and then invites me over too. "Come here, I want you to meet my brother, Mako." 

where did I hear that name befor- thats it "Mako? Wow, I-I heard you playing on the radio." "Come on, Bolin, we're up." 

did he just completely ignore me. 

"or I could meet him later." Bolin apologies for his brother then runs off to his match. 

All of a sudden a girl dressed in earth bender clothes walks in to watch the game. I try and introduce myself when she cuts me off "Hi i'm-" "I'm not here to talk I here to watch my team" I felt a cool rush over me. This felt familiar. 

Too familiar.

"You don't have to be a jerk"

dead silence.

I decided to ignore her after that, I didn't need her ruining my night.

I cheered for the ferret as loud as I could but the whole time I could hear her mumbling under her breath. Suddenly she starts yelling at them 

"Bolin i told you to watch your footing! And Mako you need to focus more on where your opponents gonna be not where they are right now!" 

Wait, she's their coach. 

Y/N POV:

They barely won that match. If they don't get into the tournament then Lin is going to literally murder me. I hate this punishment so much, manly because I've started really getting into it. I've kind of been looking forward to training and watching them play. I mean ever since I was a little kid Korra and I dreamed of see a pro-bending match together. 

But I guess that didn't work out.

I head over to my bag to start packing up when I hear Bolin gloating to that girl. "One more win and we're in the championship tournament!"

 His right, thank god. 

This will all be over soo- 

"So, what'd ya think, Korra? Bolin's got some moves, huh?"

what.

Words: 878  

Okay so I kindaaa lied about them meeting again, but i mean they did technically meet just without realising that it was each other. Anyway I hope guy really like the book so far because It has been really fun to write.