Chapter 6 - "What is wrong with me?"

Quick recap:

what does she mean, she should be happy.

Why isn't she happy?

"Y/n, It's me, korra. Your best frie-"

"Did you really forget everything that happened?"

I don't know what to say.

I'm standing there in silence.

I don't know what to do.

"are you serious korra?"

........................................................................................................................

Y/N POV:

"are you serious korra?"

I need to get out of here, just walk somewhere. I can feel her eyes watching me until I'm surely out of her sight. Maybe I am being a little harsh but she hurt me so much. I tried to save our friendship as much as I could but it was like she wanted it to stay the same. I mean of course she did. She was in control, not me. I was always like her little pet just following her around everywhere, doing everything she said too. 

Right?

She used me all those years, I can't let her make me forget that again.

I finally get to my favourite restaurant to grab some food to eat. Food always makes me feel better, like that time I scrapped my knee and korra tried making some noodles. Somehow she burnt them to a crisp. They were defiantly one of the worst things that I have ever tastes but I felt better in an instant. She was always such a bad cook.

...Okay, so she is all I can think about. 

Why is she back in my head?

It's been years since i've seen her. I mean I have thought about her from time to time, wondering what would happen if we ever saw each other again. I kind of always hoped that she would recognise me straight away and apologise for all the things she said. I hoped that she looked every where for me and never planned to stop until she found me. Instead, she was the same Korra I've always known. She pretended to not remember what happened and took no responsibility for her actions, again.

Of course I've missed Korra. I miss the ways she would make me laugh. I miss her smile. I miss our all nighters. I miss the way she would protect me. I miss the way she would hold my hand so tightly when she was nervous. I miss when we use to spar and I would beat her nearly every time. I miss every thing about her.

 What's wrong with me!?

I miss her loving me, but I don't miss her using me.

She did use me, right?

I'm snapped back to reality when I get told the restaurant is closing. How long have I just been sitting here? I'm just going to sleep all of this Korra stuff off and I guess I'll see her in the morning. 

That's not going to be awkward at all.

........................................................................................................................

KORRA'S POV:

"Y/n, It's me, korra. Your best frie-"

"Did you really forget everything that happened?"

I don't know what to say.

I'm standing there in silence.

I don't know what to do.

"are you serious korra?"

It felt like i was standing there for hours. This is crazy, she must have missed me. It's been so many years. I mean she should be excited that I'm here. 

Didn't she miss me? 

I know we didn't leave on the best of terms, but I would at least think that she would try to re-build our relationship. Every single day I thought of her. There hasn't been a day I didn't think about her. Wanting to make her laugh. Wanting to see her smile. Wanting to hold her. Wanting to to kis-

Stop it Korra. What is wrong with you. You know you can't think like that. Thats what got you into this mess in the first place.

 What is wrong with me?

I start to head back to the temple, when I get their tenzin is sitting in the corner looking like an angry dad waiting for his kid to come home. I mean the two situations aren't completely different, but still. "what are you doing home so late? It's 10:17pm, what on earth were you doing for so long " why does he always have to be so specific. "I was looking around town. It's not a big deal." I say calmly, brushing passed him, towards my room. "You are being absolutely reckless Korra! You are the Avatar. You need to be more careful." He says that like I've never heard it before. At this point, it's all anyone ever even says to me. "Good night tenzin." I say finally before entering my room. I am so not ready for training in the morning with y/n.

Words: 844

Okay I hope you guys like this chapter. I just really wanted to talk about how both of the girls going through their emotions about each other. As we can all probably tell, Korra is ready to push away the past and start their friendship for the future. Meanwhile with y/n she is very conflicted with her feelings about korra, she is choosing the more defensive path in order to not risk her feeling getting hurt again. I had a lot of fun writing this chapter and I hope you all enjoyed reading it too. <3