Chapter 5 - "You do remember me!?"

Korra's POV:

I am so confused right now.

Was that really y/n? I mean it did look like her but she has definitely been working out, thats for sure. 

FOCUS KORRA!

Now is not the time to be thinking about her, you need to be on your A game. 

"Don't do anything too fancy or aggressive.  In fact, don't do anything. Just try not to get knocked off the ring." Mako has absolutely no hope in me whatsoever. "you got it captain" I reply back right before the buzzer. We start to play and I knock one of the player off the side of the board "woohoo, Man overboard!" 

But then I got a penalty.

Turns out you can't knock player off the side of the board, only the back. It's fine korra, thats just a silly mistake. 

Then I got another Penalty, which I did not deserve.

"I'll show you over the line" I mumble under my breath at that pig head of a referee. 

Then I did something stupid. 

"Wait a minute! Did that waterbender just earthbend?"

Really stupid.

"Foul... I think" OH COME ON!

"You've gotta be kidding me! She's the Avatar, folks! Playing in a pro-bending match! Can you believe that?" The referee agrees to let me continue playing as long as I only water bend. So, wee continue to play, and if i'm going to be honest I was not playing well. I don't understand why this is so hard for me. I ended up getting knocked off and when I looked, up I saw Tenzin standing there with his arms crossed and that stupid mad look on his face that he always has when his 'disciplining me'. He starts yapping on about me defying him and his orders. His always going on about how air bending is supposed to represent freedom, but never lets me leave that stupid island. This is a useless conversation that i'm sure will do again later. "I have a match to go finish." and i'm off.

Somehow, now I'm already in zone three. I have to focus. 'Try and let all of the anger and thoughts leave your mind' ."Hold the phone! Stop the presses! She's still in the game, folks! And she's moving like an entirely different player! All of a sudden, the Platypus Bears' strikes are only striking air!" 

Come on korra.

Move your body like an air bender. 

Like the leaf.

 "The Fire Ferrets come from way behind and steal the win. What an upset, folks! The rookies, Avatar in tow, have nabbed a place in the championship tournament! I can not believe it!" Even though the commentator says it over the intercom, I still don't believe it!

After cheering with Bolin for our victory Mako is making his way over to me. "Korra, what can I say? You really came alive in that last round. The way you dodged their attacks, you are a natural." He really think that about me? "Thanks, but I can't take all the credit. Someone else taught me those moves." maybe I Tenzin is right.

We head up into the locker rooms and I make eye contact with y/n. How did I forget about her? Before I can even smile ,she breaks it and goes to talk with mako. 

I can't stop staring at her. She's really grown up.

changed.

huh

There is a hand in my face... Why is there a hand in my face? 

"Korra?" 

"huh? Sorry, what did you say?" Bolin lets an over dramatic sigh out before speaking. "I was saying how well you were! I mean you were amazing out there." I smile but before I could thank him, Y/n walks over. "Meet us at the gym straight in the morning. Don't be late."  By the time I've had time to process what just happened, she's out the door. She always was fast, but not this fast.

I chase her out of the arena calling out her name. I know she can hear me, why isn't she stoping?

I finally catch up to her and she lets out an annoyed sigh? What is her problem. "Hey y/n." My cheeks are hurting from smiling so much. She looks at me with a slightly confused expression on her face. "hi?" and she's starting to walk away again. I chase after her again and this time I stand in front of her. She tries to get around me but I block her. "can you just quit it Korra" wait did she just- "You do  remember me" I say with a smile in my face. After all this time I have finally found her, we can be happy again "Of course I do. Why did you think I didn't want you on the team?" she's being cold again. 

what does she mean, she should be happy. 

Why isn't she happy?

"Y/n, It's me, korra. Your best frie-"

"Did you really forget everything that happened?"

I don't know what to say.

I'm standing there in silence.

I don't know what to do.

"are you serious korra?"

Words: 864 

Oooooohh we're getting somewhereeeee. I hope you all liked that chapter. Again if you have any suggestions please tell me.. I hope that you all are enjoying reading this book as much as I am writing it.