Chapter 8 - Still confused.

Y/N POV:

I can't stop thinking about Korra. Was she really blushing or was she just hot? I mean she is hot. 

I hate this.

I mean I barely slept last night, or any night before that. I did what 'I do best' and ran. 

There is this place near the edge of the city. I used to crash there when I first got here. No one ever goes there, so it's kind of my own place. 

I just really needed a break from all of this korra-ness. It's not fair. She shouldn't just be able to force herself in my life again with her stupid face and stupid smile.

I start getting ready for work, and to be honest, I don't even really need a job. The chiefs got me living with tweedle dum and tweedle dee and I just steal some of the extra food that the canteens going to throw away after the matches. Yet here I am, working at this dumb restaurant because barely anyone in republic city knows how to cook traditional water tribe food properly. 

When my brain was giving me a short break from the avatar, I remembered that mako said something about bolin being missing. I probably shouldn't have run off the past couple days. 

My shift has finally ended, so I started to head back to the arena. If only I knew what bolin had in store for me when I got there...

"OH MY SPIRITS, YOU'RE FINALLY BACK Y/N! I HAVE TO TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED! SO FIRST, I WENT TO HELP SHADY SHIN SO  WE COULD GET MONEY FOR THE TOURNAMENT BUT TURNS OUT THAT WE DON'T EVEN NEED IT ANYMORE BECAUSE OF ASAMI, WHICH IS MAKOS NEW GIRLFRIEND WHO HIT HIM WITH HER BIKE! ANYWAY, BEFORE THAT I GOT KIDNAPPED BY AMON AND HE WAS ABOUT TO TAKE MY BENDING AWAY AND WAS ALL LIKE "IM AMON AND I'M GOING TO TAKE YOUR BENDING AWAY" BUT THEN KORRA AND MAKO CAME AND SAVED ME WITH LIKE THIS STEAM AND STUFF AND THEN WE GOT AWAY AND NOW SOME OLD GUY IS TRYING TO MAKE KORRA JOIN HIS TASKFORCE AND TONIGHT WE ALL GET TO GO TO THIS BIG PARTY FOR HER!"

He is now actively shaking my shoulders after he was just reenacting the story he had just told me. While my brain is trying to process the new found information, someone is screaming in my ears... I wonder who, 

"DID YOU NOT JUST HEAR WHAT I SAID?" 

"well now that my eardrums are busted, no." He over dramatically sighs and is dragging me to my room. "I said, that we're going to a gala for korra and we need to get dressed. NOW!" 

Wait hold on -

-Time skip-

We're now at this fancy gala at town hall and honestly I don't even remember getting here. Bo said something about it being for korra so she'll join some kind of task force. Two problems with that, korra is going to be here and if she does join she could be hurt. I know I shouldn't care about that, but I do. I really wish I didn't, but I can't help it. 

In all fairness, I did spend the first 14 years of my life constantly trying to make sure that the Avatar wouldn't accidentally restart the cycle. 

The person who thought it would be a good idea to teach her how to bend fire is a menace to society.

Mako's girlfriend seems really nice though. I must say that I am surprised that a girl as pretty as her would like him. Sure his a 'lady's man' (Bolin's words, not mine), but I wouldn't think that he could get an absolute goddess to even look in his direction. Asami is by far one of the most stunning women I have ever seen. She isn't exactly my type, but i'm not blind either. And she seems so sweet, like she would do anything for a person she just met. Her father acts exactly like her, or rather vice verse-a. Though a very confident man, he comes across as kindhearted.