Chapter 4 - "She can play."

Quick Recap: 

I head over to my bag to start packing up when I hear Bolin gloating to that girl. "One more win and we're in the championship tournament!"

His right, thank god.

This will all be over soo-

"So, what'd ya think, Korra? Bolin's got some moves, huh?"

what.

........................................................................................................................

I freeze. 

No.

No, no, no, no, no.

You have got to be kidding me.

I slow turn around. It can't really be her. 

surely i would have noticed.

smooth tanned skin, silky brown hair, full water tribe outfit, it's her alright.

She wouldn't come back for me.

Would she?

I thought she hated me. She must hate me.

wait. she doesn't know it's me. She tried to introduce herself and I shut her down. 

Oh God this can't be happening. 

i hate her. 

Right?

I'm supposed to hate her.

I can't. I just can't.

"Hey, are you good?" Mako snaps me back into reality. Before I can even answer Korra starts speaking. "You guys were incredible out there! Especially you, Mr. Hat Trick!" coldly Mako responds "Oh, you're still here?" I laugh enough for her to hear me. "Oh, you're still a jerk?" She says proudly.

She quickly changes the topic and starts talking more directly at bolin."I've been immersed in bending my entire life, but I never learned how to move like that! It's like there's a whole new style here! Think you could show me a few tricks?" She wouldn't even know about pro bending if it wasn't for me, yet she doesn't even recognise me. Bolin agrees then Mako speaks up. "Right now? Come on, Bolin." "Just ignore him. Yeah, I could show you the basics. But I've gotta admit I learn nearly everything from our amazing new coach here . Plus I'm just not sure how my earth bending would translate to your water bending, but we'll figure it out."

"Won't be a problem. I'm actually an earthbender." oh so were doing that trick again. Bolin looks kind of scared while desperately trying to save himself. "I'm sorry, no, no! I didn't mean to assume. 'Cause I, you know, I was just figuring with your Water Tribe getup that you are  a Water Tribe ... gal." Casually Korra continues the same speech that she would do when we were kids. "Nope, you're right. I'm a waterbender. And a firebender." 

"I'm very confused right now." Bolin says while Mako pieces it together. "You're the Avatar, and I'm an idiot."

"Both are true" 

"NO WAY. THE AVATAR" Bolin looks amazed. oh no, why are his eyes doing that. "Oh come on you gotta help train her with me" He starts dragging me down into the training room before I can even give him a proper answer. 

This is not going to be fun.

Korra's POV:

We walk in to the Gym I was in earlier when I got caught.

I do some earthbending and I absolutely smash it. Literally.