𝐓 𝐄 𝐍

"vance, help me up" i said, as i walk towards him.

he walks towards the wall, that had a small window.

he got on his knees, as i stood on his shoulders, holding on to the wall so i don't crush him with my weight.

he stood up, slowly, as i balanced my self, i looked out the window, holding on to the rail, and what i see fright me.

it's snow.

it's actual real snow.

it's been months since i have seen snow.

"guys, i think it's christmas eve" i said, my voice low.

"what?" i heard vance asked, and then a few others.

vance bent down, slightly, and i got off of him, whispering a 'thanks' and just went to sit on the mattress, quietly.

i couldn't believe it, i missed my own birthday.

i remember how my birthdays would be like, it would come two days before christmas, it would be amazing, cause i would get presents on my birthday and then on christmas as well.

the birthday morning would always start, with a hot chocolate by the bedside, already.

wearing cozy pajamas, and going downstairs to getting pancakes with nutella and strawberry toppings. the first gift that i would open was always my grandfather's cause i knew he would gift me his old sweaters from when he was a teen.

they were always so cozy and aesthetically pleasing.

then i would open my grandma's, and she would gift me knitting wool, cause i would always knit with her, when i go to my grandparents house.

after that i open gifts my own parents gift me.

i didn't even have to worry about giving a birthday party, cause i don't have friends.

"sadie?" finn's voice bought me back, and i realised that he was calling for a while.

"we have to end this tonight" i said.

enough is enough.

i got up, picking up the black phone, that was hung on the wall, but it was disconnected.

i ripped the string away, and hand it over too finney. vance and robin went and picked up the broken tile, and started digging the dirt away, and then covered it with a blanket.

finney filled the phone with dirt, making it heavy. robin taught finney moves, as the rest of us, prepared the other things.

we had discovered this, and planned this for a little while back, whenever we would try to prepare it, he would always come and interrupt, but we knew it was late at night, and he was asleep.

everything was done, as we stood around the room, waiting for him to come. the lights, opened and finney grabbed the phone.

the door slightly opened, and then a head peeked out.

we stared at him, in confusion. it was a man we had never seen before.

"no fucking way" the man said, staring back at us.

"i knew he was hiding something from me down here" the man said, looking around the room.

"but holy mary, mother of god" he said "i thought it was christmas presents"

"please help" i said.

"c-can you call our parents? please" finn said.

"oh listen, don't worry, he's not here" he comforted.