18|Devil In Disguise

150+ votes 70+ comments

Enjoy Reading
2700+ words

Enjoy Reading 2700+ words

𝚂 𝙷 𝙸 𝚅 𝙰 𝙽 𝚈 𝙰

"Humne apni jaan apke hatho sopi hai iska khayal rakhna. (I have given you my most precious possession, please do take care of her)"

I heard my father say as I clenched my fist engraving my nails into my palm. My body turned abnormally stiff when I saw him assuring my father by gripping his hand tightly.

Everyone had their tears flowing except me, I wanted to cry when I saw my mother rushing to my side and enclosing her arms around me while she sobbed. I wanted to cry when I saw my father's and my brother's teary eyes, I wanted to cry when Virani bhabhi-sa tried to console my mother with no one on her own side to console her. I wanted to cry when the whole Rajghad had their eyes filled with sorrow for my departure.

Keyword: wanted.

Not even a drop of tear made its way out of my eyes.

Tashi's eyes were damp because of continuous sobbing. She was going through this harsh separation because of me, she was sacrificing her own happiness for me. Though she agreed on her own to go with me, no one forced her but when her home was here in Rajghad where she spent her childhood, it's where her happiness lied then why was she leaving behind everything and coming with me to an unknown place, the only answer was her unconditional love for me.

Half an hour ago she was dancing with my other cousin sisters, simply celebrating their victory of looting a medium sized box of gold coins from their brand-new brother-in-law. Don't take me as a sadist but to be honest I was awfully entertained by the lost look on his face when he failed to find his missing shoes when in reality, he clearly remembered placing them on the second last stair case, things turned out to be more humours when the girls showed up. A flash of irritation crossed his sculpted face when the girls demanded something valuable in order to return his shoe, was truly a sight to behold.

They literally looted him in the name of ritual, I was proud of them, today they proved me that they were really my sisters.

It was safe to say that I had my translucent veil covering both my face and my emotions, because I was angry; very anger. My jaws were clenched tightly when I hugged my sobbing mother. In my twenty years of living, I've seen her crying not more than two times, the first time when a destructive storm named Adhiraj Raghuwanshi stepped in inside my realm and the second time, when he is finally stepping out.

I felt absolutely devasted for being taken away from my home.

From what I know, Adhiraj wasn't the kind of prince what every cringy fairy tale tends to narrate. The man was a sadist, one can immediately make out by his creepy wicked up smile, that he manifests when he knows that things are working in his favour.