FATE

***

Wednesday stared at the letter from Enid, dreading having to respond to it. Enid had sent her a letter telling her about a festival in her hometown and how she'd love for Wednesday to come and that it would be "a good experience" for her.

Wednesday didn't necessarily want to (in fact, she absolutely despised the idea) but she knew she should try. She supposed it would be better than staying at home with her parents and having to watch them be disgustingly affectionate though. So, she reluctantly sent a letter back letting the blonde know she would go.

***

It was the day of the festival and Enid was in a very bright outfit like normal while Wednesday was wearing a black sweater with a mid length skirt and a pair of her platform boots. It was a bit chilly out so Wednesday was content with her outfit choice.

There weren't too many people at the festival but more than she would have preferred. Enid was full of an absurd amount of energy while Wednesday just wanted to stab someone's eye out. Sure, she had agreed to come. But that didn't mean she was happy about it.

Very shortly into the festival Enid spotted a psychic sign and got excited as she pointed to it, "Wednesday! We should go get our futures read! I've heard we have some of the best psychics here!"

Wednesday was not amused at all, "I'd like to keep my future a surprise, thank you."

"They won't tell you your whole future, just ask about a certain aspect of your life," Enid explained, trying to drag Wednesday towards the tent.

Wednesday groaned as she made herself stiff so it would be harder for the girl to drag her but she quickly remembered that that didn't affect the girl with her werewolf strength.

"It'll be fun, I promise," Enid pleaded, giving her puppy dog eyes. They didn't affect Wednesday but she agreed just so Enid would stop bugging her about it because her insistence was annoying and they were almost to the tent anyways.

So, Enid cheerfully entered the tent as Wednesday walked in with her arms crossed, silently seething. An older lady with long brown hair greeted them and told them both to take a seat, so they both did.

"Which one of you would like to go first?" The woman asked as she eyed the pair, noticing the contrast between them.

Enid looked over to Wednesday with a grin as she nudged her, "I think she should go first."

Wednesday rolled her eyes as the psychic asked, "very well... what would you like to know?"

"Nothing," she replied, crossing her arms again.

"Don't mind her. I'd like to know about her love life... and I'm sure she'd like to also though she wouldn't admit it," Enid spoke up, enthusiasm clear in her voice.

Wednesday shot the cheerful girl a sideways glare and Enid just sweetly smiled as the older lady shuffled a deck of cards and told Wednesday to pick one. It felt stupid but she picked the card that was standing out to her most and once it was revealed the psychic said, "it's death in the upright position. Very interesting, though fitting for you based on your energy."

Wednesday raised an eyebrow at this fact, slightly intrigued by the card she got. Maybe having got the death card would mean something fun and that this wouldn't be a complete waste of time.