THE BEACH

I loved the idea of Wednesday not being able to swim despite everything else she knows how to do so I decided to write a little one shot relating to the idea. I personally just think this is really cute. Enjoy.

***

Tyler had convinced Wednesday to let him take her to the beach. Wednesday was not necessarily thrilled but it was hard to say no to him sometimes. Besides, he tolerated her weird fixations of exploring abandoned places and going ghost hunting. It was only fair.

She didn't mind too terribly much beyond the fact that she didn't know how to swim. As a child she hadn't gotten much opportunity to learn how to swim so she just never did. She wasn't scared of learning either if she needed to and she wasn't scared of the ocean, she was more just embarrassed. It was pathetic. She had no idea what Tyler, or anyone who knew her, would think if they found out she couldn't swim. To some people that was like saying she didn't know how to read or write.

Wednesday was pretty covered when they arrived since she didn't like to expose her body, especially to strangers. She hadn't even owned a swimsuit before this so Tyler had taken her out shopping for one and it was one of the most humiliating things ever, especially since he wanted her to come out and show him each one she tried on. Which wasn't many, but still enough. Tyler definitely found it entertaining as everytime Wednesday would show him she wouldn't step out and she'd peek her head out first to make sure no one else was around before she would open the door or curtain a bit. She'd only get more annoyed when he proceeded to call her beautiful.

To no one's surprise the swimsuit she had picked was a black one. It was a rather plain black one that was long sleeved and had a turtleneck. She had made sure the back wasn't too high cut. She also got some black swim leggings too as she refused to wear something so revealing, especially since she knew it would feel off since the top of her would still be covered but her legs not.

Tyler tried to tell her she would get too hot in the all black and long sleeved swimsuit, especially with leggings, but she didn't listen and now that she was on the beach with the sun uncomfortably bright, she was starting to regret it.

They set up a spot on the beach with their contrasting towels and Tyler insisted on putting sunscreen on her face so it wouldn't get sunburnt since she was so pale and more susceptible to that.

She let him do it, him smiling like an idiot as he caressed her cheeks and she knew he was likely admiring the freckles she had scattered across them. It was one of her features he always gushed over and as much as it annoyed her sometimes, she found it a bit endearing too.

Once he finished he grabbed her chin and gave her a quick kiss on the lips before turning around and sitting with his back facing her, "can you do me?" "Sure," she responded as she squeezed some sunscreen onto her palms and started rubbing it into the boy's back. Once she was done she demanded him to turn around so he did and she put some on his face also.

When she had finished with his face too she said simply, "You're done."

"You're missing an area," he replied, smiling a bit teasingly at her.

She had purposefully not done his chest. It's not like she hadn't touched or caressed it before, she just didn't want to do it with people watching as she'd only ever done it in more intimate moments. Moments when they were alone.

Tyler knew this of course but it was fun to tease her.

"You can do it yourself, you can see it," she responded simply, giving him a slightly annoyed glare though the slight flush in her cheeks gave away that she was a bit embarrassed and flustered.