WELCOME TO THE FAMILY

***

Wednesday was bringing Tyler to her home for the first time and while he was extremely nervous, she was annoyed. She kept assuring him her parents would love him. A bit too much too. She knew it would be annoying but she supposed it would be a good thing that they would like him. It would make it easier for him at least.

As they were on their way there (thanks to Lurch) Tyler was rambling on again about how nervous he was for what felt like the millionth time that morning. Wednesday had been considerably patient with him for the most part, but it was starting to get on her nerves now. She didn't know how many times she had to assure him for him to calm down.

Because of her patience starting to run thin she snapped at him slightly, "Tyler, can you please be quiet? I've told you a million times they're going to love you, you have nothing to worry about."

She realized she probably had sounded a bit harsh as she looked over at him. He gave her a slightly annoyed look, but it was more of a look that told her he understood where she was coming from and why she was annoyed. At least he knew he was being overly worrisome.

He did get a bit defensive though, "It's just nerve racking, they're your parents, after all."

"I know, that doesn't change the fact that they're going to love you," she gave him a pointed expression.

"Really?" He seemed doubtful.

"Yes."

"You promise?"

She rolled her eyes and let out a sigh, "yes." She managed to give him a very slight smile in hope that would comfort him some more. He smiled brightly in return as he nodded, finally seeming convinced she was telling the truth, "okay."

***

Once they arrived and got out of the car and started walking towards the entrance of her home he started fidgeting with his tie. Wednesday abruptly stopped him as she fixed it for him, "stop messing with your tie."

"Sorry," he muttered, half embarrassed.

She let out another sigh, "it's okay." She had never seen the boy so anxious before. Was it really that nerve racking to meet her parents?

He nodded and she gave him a quick, supportive kiss before she grabbed one of his hands and led him into her home, giving his hand a comforting squeeze.

Once they got into the foyer her parents and brother were there and immediately greeted the pair, her father speaking first, "There's our little mockingbird and her boyfriend we've heard so much about."

Wednesday pulled away from Tyler to reluctantly accept a hug from her father before turning to face the boy.

Tyler spoke nervously, giving a soft smile, "Nice to meet you, sir." He held a shaky hand out for a handshake but her father instead enveloped him into a hug to which he awkwardly accepted and attempted to return.

Once it ended Pugsley came up to him and immediately hugged him, "Wednesday's talked a lot about you. I think she's in loveee." The boy looked up at Tyler who gave an awkward smile and let out a small laugh as Wednesday was quick to reply, "I'll make this meal hell for you Pugsley."

Pugsley pulled away and give his sister an apologetic look before Mortica spoke up, "now now Wednesday, no need to start torturing your brother already."

"Why shouldn't I?" She challenged.

"It seems you're already torturing one boy," her mother replied, referring to Tyler. She had noticed how nervous he was, "he looks as if he could faint at any moment."

Tyler was about to utter an apology but the older woman stopped him, "it's okay dear. You have nothing to be nervous about."

He gave her a smile, feeling a bit more relaxed before he got brought into a hug by her as well, though one not as forceful and tight. It was a gentle, welcoming hug that somehow made him feel suddenly better about the whole thing. He hadn't even really done anything yet and they liked him, he was relieved.

Once that hug ended they all got seated for the meal and shortly into it Gomez spoke up, directing a question at Tyler, "Wednesday's told us how you're a sort of criminal... and a Hyde."

"Uh... yeah, I am," he didn't like to admit it but it wasn't false.

"You'll fit right in with us then, welcome to the Addams family," Mortica spoke up, giving the boy another warm smile.

After an exchange of smiles between the pair Tyler looked over at Wednesday, as if asking for confirmation in her mother's words. Wednesday didn't say anything but the slight smirk tugging at her lips gave him his answer.

She had been right, his parents loved him.