FRECKLES

a short and sweet one!

***

Wednesday Addams had freckles. Though not many knew if they didn't look close enough. She didn't let others know anyways, they were easily overlooked and occasionally she would cover them up with makeup.

She didn't necessarily want people to know though because usually when they did they would claim that they made her look cuter and less deadly. Which she hated. She didn't want her intimidating appearance to be ruined by something as minuscule as little spots sprinkled across her nose and cheeks.

It was inevitable though as she did not have much dedication to cover them up everyday. But her staying inside and out of the sun so much helped as she had learned sun exposure makes freckles more apparent.

She was dreading the day Tyler Gaplin would notice them, if he hadn't already. He may not call her cute like Enid had, but he'd call her beautiful or something and she tried to tell herself that was even worse. It wasn't though. Beautiful was something she didn't mind being called by him but she'd never tell anyone that. Not even Thing.

Unfortunately that morning is when he noticed them. They were sitting next to each other in a booth at the Weathervane when she noticed him studying her for a moment too long.

She was about to question it when he brought a hand up to her face and gently rubbed his thumb over her right cheek, "you have freckles."

"Glad you've finally noticed," she replied sarcastically, wanting to get this conversation over with.

She closed her eyes as she feared what his next words would be, "they're really cute."

She let out a sigh, "are you done?"

She opened her eyes back to see him smiling at her as he cupped her chin and made her look at him more directly, "before I am, I want to remind you you're beautiful. Your freckles add to that."

She wanted to slap his hand away or punch his shoulder but she didn't do either as she quickly said thank you before pulling away and looking down, hoping the heat rising to her cheeks wasn't betraying her by being obvious.

Tyler let out a small laugh, "will you ever not look away when I tell you that?"

"I can, it's just-"

He gave her a curious look, "What?"

"Nothing."

"Then look at me when I say it... please," he said softly.

"Okay," she looked back at him. His addition of the please was all she needed to agree.

She was unable to contain a small smile forming on her lips. God, this boy was doing things to her she would have never thought.

"Thank you," he replied as he cupped her face and brought his head down to give her a soft kiss on the lips.

She kissed him back and hummed slightly in satisfaction once they pulled apart. Her gaze quickly turned murderous as she warned, "do they make me look less intimidating?"

"No, not at all," the boy responded, though it was clear he was being sarcastic.

She gave him a glare and he laughed a little, "okay, maybe a little bit."

She huffed.

"It's hard to take you seriously when that's what you're concerned about and basically pouting about," he teased.

"I'm not pouting."

"You don't pout but this is your sort of version of it," he pointed out.

She rolled her eyes, "I don't do anything even remotely similar to pouting."

"Sure." He grabbed her face with one of his hands, squishing her cheeks.

She quickly slapped his hand away, "don't try to make me look cute."

"I don't have to, you already are," he said with an annoying smile.

She let out a sigh, "you're insufferable."

"Yet for some reason you tolerate me."

She met his gaze, "yes, I do."

"Why?" He smiled again and she knew what he was wanting her to say. She understood why since she didn't say it often but he was still a nuisance.

"Because I love your stupid self," she said with a bit of amusement but meaning it all the same.

"I love you too, Wens." His smile grew wider and it made her smile slightly too. That smile of his was one of her favorite things. And she was glad she was the cause for it most times.