A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

The anticipated and requested by some sequel to BITTER COFFEE. Enjoy!

***

The Rave'N dance had finally arrived and Tyler was at Wednesday's door, similar to how he had been last year except this time she was expecting him. Probably would threaten him too if he hadn't arrived. A note from Thing wasn't needed today.

He knocked gently on the door which caused Wednesday to yell a rushed 'I'll be there in a moment!' as she finished putting together her outfit, making sure her hair and makeup looked alright and that her shoes were properly on. Once she confirmed that she went to the door and opened it.

The theme this year wasn't winter, instead it was royalty. So there was no specific color theme to follow, just typical royalty colors like blue and purple. Wednesday of course hadn't followed that but Tyler had, wearing a sleek dark purple suit. It fit him oddly well and Wednesday wasn't sure if she preferred it or the suit he had worn last year. She did her best to not stare at him for too long as he smiled at her, obviously staring at her.

She was wearing a black dress again, similar to the one she had worn last year except left ruffled and more elegant. It looked less like a princess dress and more like a pirate dress or witch dress, which Tyler knew was the vibe Wednesday was going for. She'd rather die than wear a poofy ball gown, even if it was black. It had long lace detailed sleeves with a bow tied at the front of the neck and went into a flowy skirt. The most eye-catching part though was that it had a built-in corset which hugged her body and accentuated the curves she had more.

Her makeup was subtle but made her look even more mysterious and almost sensual in a way. She had a dark red lip with some light black eyeshadow around her eyes to make them look a bit tired and sunken in, obviously for dramatic effect. Tyler had to take everything in him to not kiss her right then and there.

He opened the box he was holding, as he had brought a corsage again. It had a black flower, a rose, of course, he wouldn't have gotten her anything else. This time he was actually going to get to put it on her wrist. "May I?" He asked softly as he gestured to her arms. She nodded simply as she brought a hand up and he tucked the box under one of his arms as he attached the corsage to her wrist before placing a kiss on the top of her hand.

She rolled her eyes as he smiled at her, "you look gorgeous." He was still taking her in and wondering to himself how on earth he had ever earned her heart.

She accepted the compliment this time and even returned one in a way, "you don't look too bad yourself, purple suits you."

He smiled more as he held an arm out for her to link with. She did and they walked down the stairs to the dance room, Tyler discarding the box in a trash can along the way.

"Are you ready to make Xavier jealous?" He asked her as they got to the entrance of the dance room, looking all too happy.

"More than I ever have been," she responded, a slight smirk playing at her lips. She grabbed ahold of one of his arms and dragged him into the room, immediately heading towards the drink table. She let go to start getting herself a drink before he stopped her.

"Let me," he almost cooed and she did exactly that, feeling a pair of eyes on her before she looked up to spot Xavier across the way, looking very glum. She smirked more as she turned her attention back to Tyler who now had his hands full with a drink for both of them. "Thank you," she told him softly before she stood on her tiptoes and pulled his face down a little to give him a quick kiss on the lips.