5: MEMORY

[WARNING. THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS... mentions of vomiting, mentions of death, mentions of torture, mentions of murder, descriptions of a character breaking down, illness/virus/disease, cursing, memory loss, mentions of disgusting stuff(slimy thing, tentacle, worm). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.]

[BEGINNING ??? POV]

This is... wonderful.

6 little beings, all lesser than me... perfect! Just perfect!

I feel almost insane at this point, my laughter bouncing off the walls of the cave. I cannot contain myself. I need to calm down.

I need to calm down.
Need to calm down.
Calm down.
Calm.

I force myself to take deep breaths, attempting to calm myself down appearing to be a struggle. But a large pain in my head shut me up real quick. No no no... not a headache again since I fell...

I force that feeling down and I reach for the microphone but... I knock it to the ground. I bend down and to get the microphone. Finally, I pick up the microphone and I sit back onto my chair. I speak into the microphone... Finally, speech after so long of-

"Hello..... contest- ugh.... Uh.... Sorry...." I mumble, shocked at my own voice. I try to control my breathing, but now it is hard to do. My head... oh my head.... It hurts... but I push through, "Hello... contestants... my name is... uh... I dunno.... And you're the contestants...? Of.... ONE....? Yeah... yeah.... Okay."

I look down at the contestants, my hands beginning to tingle and numb, my head beginning to buzz and throb, my face twisting into a smile.

I run my hand on the desk, awaiting the response of the contestants. The smooth wood seems as if someone carved it before. Who? When? I can't remember. And do I want to? Do I have a need? No.

One contestant, a tomato, seems more horrified than others and shouts, "How dare you bring me here?! I have a son, you know!" Her voice is strained, her face is stained with tears that flow slowly down her face.

This tomato's response causes another, a stocking, to speak, "And what like, even are you?!" She folds her arms, her eyebrows furrowed in anger and confusion.

Another, a candy bar, seems to try and calm the others, "Guys, please. We need to calm down. This has happened to my friend before- just calm down!" He wipes the tears from his face, trying to stay calm.

One in particular makes me feel odd, a nail. He is familiar.

Familiar?! My head. No. No...

My head begins to pound. Harder and harder until it feels like nothing. Nothing. Nothing at all. Nothing at all until...

My head crashes onto the keyboard as my eyes slowly drift closed...

[RESUMING BRYCE HANSEN POV]