Chapter 4

I was panting hard by the time I finally reached the top of the elevator shaft.

Damn, I really need to work on my upper body strength I bitterly thought.

I hung at the top for a minute to catch my breath before pulling myself out of the giant metal shaft. I wiped my sweaty hands on my old black t-shirt, then crouched down and pulled out my gun, slowly making my way further into the room behind the cover of stacked up boxes and crates, my combat boots making no sound as I walked.

I made my way to the opposite side of the room, but stopped when I heard a girl's voice.

"It doesn't mean anything," the voice says. "It was just to draw you in, that's all." I started to follow the voice when I heard another start to speak.

"You killed those two people for nothing," the second voice said, and I recognized it as Sam's. I continued to make my way towards the voices, my gun at the ready, when the first voice, who I assumed was Meg, spoke again.

"Baby, I've killed a lot more for a lot less," she said. Really Sammy, THIS is your type? Never knew you went for the crazy murdering ones, I thought.

"You trapped us. Good for you. It's Miller time," I recognized Dean's sarcastic voice. "But why don't you kill us already?" Really Dean? Asking the crazy chick why she hasn't killed you yet? Do you WANT to die right now? I was almost directly in front of them. Just a few more steps...

"Not very quick on the uptake, are we?" Meg mockingly asks. But it's what she says next that stops me in my tracks.

"This trap isn't for you." What the heck? Does she mean ME? God I hope not. I mean how could she possibly kno-

"Dad. It's a trap for Dad," Sam says. Dad? What the hell does she want with that bastard? And why would he be here? Unless... NO, no way! They wouldn't have called HIM right? I mean, Dean said he was missing, and they know what it's like when him and I are in the same room, so why would he show up here? But if they called him and he is here...

I shake my head and quicken my pace until I can see where the voices are coming from.

"Oh, sweetheart, you're dumber than you look,". Dean begins. "'Cause even if Dad was in town, which he isn't, he wouldn't walk into something like this. He's too good." He had a smirk on his face as he said this. I could see all three of them now. The boys were sitting on the floor up against some poles with their arms tied behind them. The girl we were following, Meg, had her back turned to me and was facing my brothers. From my hiding spot I could see that she had short blond hair and was wearing a red leather jacket and blue jeans and an old pair of sneakers.

"He's pretty good. I'll give you that," she says as she walks over to Dean and sits down, straddling his legs. "But you see, he has one weakness."

"Oh, and what's that?" Dean mockingly asks.

" You," She replies with a smile on her face.

"He lets his guard down around his boys, lets his emotions cloud his judgment. I happen to know he is in town. And he'll come and try to save you. And then the Daevas will kill everybody-nice and slow and messy." WHAT?! THOSE IDOITS CALLED HIM?! I swear when I get my hands on those two...

"Well, I've got news for ya. It's gonna take a lot more than some....shadow to kill him," Dean retorts. Meg just laughs.

"Oh, the Daevas are in the room; they're invisible. Their shadows are just the only part you can see," she tells him. I glanced at Sam to see how he is taking all this new information. Sam meets my eyes and quickly glances at a table in the center of the room. I looked at the table and saw that there was some kind of alter on it. That must be how Meg is controlling the Daevas, I thought. I looked back at Sam and he nodded, answering my unasked question. Keeping my gun trained on Meg's back, I slowly made my way over to the table while still staying behind the crates and boxes. Seeing me move, Sam decides to bring the attention back to him.

"Why are you doin' this, Meg? What kind of deal you got worked out here, huh? And with who?" He asks her.

"I'm doing this for the same reasons you do what you do-loyalty. Love. Like the love you had for Mommy-and Jess," I heard her reply.

Oh hell no! She DID NOT just say that!

"Go to hell," I heard Sam say in a cold voice. Meg just coldly laughs.

"Baby, I'm already there," she replied. "Come on, Sam. There's no need to be nasty." I was close to the table now, about ten feet away. I just needed Sam to stall for a few more minutes...

" You wanna have fun? Go ahead then. I'm a little tied up right now," I heard Sam say. I quickly glance over my shoulder to see Meg on top of my little brother, kissing his neck. Oh god, I really didn't need to see that.

I continue to creep toward the alter when I hear something skid across the floor. I looked down to see a knife, Dean's knife, laying on the floor about a foot in front of me. I looked back over to the boys, only to see Meg sit back on Sam's legs.

"Now, were you just trying to distract me while your brother cuts free?" She asked Sam. I was only a few steps away now. I slowly slid my gun into the waistband of my jeans and took another step so that I was right next to the table.

"No. No," he says. "That's because I have a knife of my own." Sam suddenly grabs Meg by the shoulders, ripping the cut ropes off his wrists in the process, and head buts her. Meg fell off Sam and laid on the floor groaning, while Sam held his head in pain. I quickly grabbed the edge of the table and pushed it over, knocking it to the ground and destroying the alter.

Suddenly, I see a shadow appear behind Meg. Guess the Daevas have come out to play. The Daeva grabbed her and she was dragged across the floor screaming her head off. The shadow demon threw her through the window, causing her to fall seven stories and down to the street below. I pulled out my knife and ran over to Dean, cutting him free from his ropes.

"Nice job," he says looking at the destroyed alter.

"Thanks," I said with a smirk. Sam walked over to the window with Dean and I trailing behind him. We leaned out and saw Meg sprawled on the sidewalk, dead. Her limbs were twisted at odd angles and she was bleeding from her mouth and back of her head.

"So, I guess the Daevas didn't like being bossed around," I commented while looking at Meg's mangled body.

"Yeah, I guess not," Dean says. "Hey, Sam?"

"Hm," he says.

"Next time you wanna get laid, find a girl that's not so buckets-o'-crazy, okay?" He says while smirking. He gave Sam one last joking smile then walked away, and I couldn't help but crack a smile at my big brother's stupid comment. Sam just sighs and turns away from the window, following Dean to the door. I took one more look at Meg's body then turned and followed my brothers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we walked down the hall to our motel room, Dean was questioning Sam for not leaving his bag of weapons in the car like we had.

"Really dude, why didn't you just leave that stuff in the car?" He asks.

"I said it before, and I'll say it again-better safe than sorry," Sam replies, slightly annoyed. Dean shakes his head and I just smile at my crazy brothers. Dean unlocks the door and we all file into the room. Just before I turn on the lights, I see an outline of someone in the corner of the room.

"Hey!" Dean yells. I quickly draw my gun, point it at the person in our room, and flip on the light switch, only to stare in shock at who the mystery person is.

"Dad?"

----------------------------------

Hey people!

I'm back! Exams are over and summer is here!

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone for all the reads and votes. I mean, 146 reads and 11 votes?! Thank you guys so much! I know I keep repeating myself but it really does mean a lot to me so thanks again. The picture at the top is Meg while she is talking to Sam and Dean. This chapter is dedicated to InfamousSidd. Thanks again for following me!
Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Thanks guys!

-Tay