Chapter 4 •°• Slight obsession

Moxy and the gang were soon catwalkin to Lou and they were receiving disgusted looks and looks of disapproval.

They arrived at where Lou was standing. He turned around and Moxy winked at him. Instead of replying sarcastically, his eyes widened and a tint of pink appeared on his face.

"W-what's... um, this?" He stuttered, getting redder by the second.

"We're pretty dolls now!" Moxy said confidently but she was still confused about why Lou was acting like this.

Lou just shrugged the feeling off, "Well you... certainly are..." he put on his evil smirk again.

"So... are you happy for us?" Moxy hoped

"So... happy." He replied in a sarcastic tone. "But I'm afraid your hard work has been for nothing."

"What do you mean?" Moxy frowned.

"No amount of make-up, or fancy new clothes or..." Lou was interrupted.

"Hold it right there! I know this is some kind of elaborate plot to get me discouraged about the Big World, and it won't work." Moxy said confidently.

"Oh I know, that's why he's here to explain it all to you." Lou smirked and made way for Ox.

"Ox? What is he talking about?" Moxy was frowning.

"I only wanted to protect you from the ugly truth. But Moxy... we can never go to the Big World. We are rejects. We are and never will be able to go to the Big World. The humans found us unlovable and threw us away. They thought of us as rubbish. I'm sorry." Ox had a pleading look in his eyes.

Moxy was speechless, tears formed in her eyes. She started running, she couldn't go back to Uglyville so she went to hide somewhere in the Institute. The Uglydolls retreated to Uglyville, with sad faces.

Lou somehow felt bad for Moxy. He walked away to his mansion. The Prettydolls followed his lead and went their separate ways.

Lou couldn't sleep at night, he couldn't get the thought of Moxy out of his head. He had enough and decided to look for her.

He walked around the Institute, looking in every spot. Just then, as he was about to give up, he heard sobbing coming from behind the supply shed. He went to check it out and saw Moxy, crying.

He thought for a moment before he walked over to her. He crouched down next to her and she sensed his presence. She looked up at him with teary eyes and her mood changed from sad to mad.

"What do you want!?" She yelled.

Lou just pulled her into a hug and said nothing. Moxy froze on the spot unsure if she should hug back. This guy did ruin her chances of going to the Big World. She hugged him back and started to cry again.

"Look, Moxy... I'm sorry but you had to know the ugly truth. If you want, maybe you could stay at my house?" When those words came out of Lou's mouth, Moxy broke the hug and looked at him with shock.

"Y-you want me to live with you? But why?" Moxy sniffled.

"Well, no one has to know about it. Besides, I have a feeling you're not ready to go back to Uglyville so you're welcome to stay with me." Lou smiled kindly at Moxy.

She was still shocked about the way Lou was suddenly treating her. Was he for real? Or was it another trap to lure her into a false sense of security? She finally gathered up the courage to ask...

"Louis, why are you being so nice to me?" She gazed into his blue eyes.

"I... don't really know. It's just that, I... I don't like seeing you in a bad mood." He admitted shyly, flustered.

"So you don't hate me?" She asked him, her eyes full with hope.

"I still do. But only a little less." He scoffed.

Moxy just smiled at him genuinely. The guy she least expected was here to comfort her and she was happy.

The next morning, Moxy woke up when she felt someone squeezing her tightly from behind. She tried to break free from the grip but couldn't.

"You're mine... and only mine..." Lou mumbled in his sleep.

"Umm... Louis? Lou, are you awake?" She was a bit frightened.

Lou woke up and saw how tightly he was holding Moxy, he jumped from shock and fell from the bed.

"Moxy!? How did you...? Oh... this isn't my room." Lou rubbed his eyes.

"Then what are you doing here?" Moxy looked at the flustered blonde.

"I... you were crying in your sleep so I came to comfort you." Lou rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Oh, thanks. I guess... so, did you have to squeeze me so tightly? And also you talk in your sleep." Moxy stretched out her arms, yawning.

"I do? I didn't say anything... serious did I?" Lou looked up at the Uglydoll.

"More like creepy, are you okay? I think I should leave." Moxy got off of the bed.

"No!" Lou yelled and spoke calmly with an awkward smile. "You wouldn't want anyone to see you coming out of my house right?"

"I don't have a problem with them seeing me." Moxy proceeded to the door and Lou grabbed her arm.

"Well I have! I have a reputation to maintain!" He said, sternly.

"Then why did you let me spend the night here? It's very unusual for someone who hates me a teeny bit less to show me hospitality." Moxy pulled her arm from Lou's grip.

"Look, I did that for a reason." Lou mumbled and Moxy's eyes widened. "A reason that you shouldn't know of, and listen... you're gonna have to leave tonight. I don't want everyone to see you. And you have to learn that I have certain rules."

"Fine... but what if my friends come looking for me? Then what?" Moxy frowned.

"You'll go with your friends. The longer the time I spend with you, I'm starting to find you to be attracting." Lou blurted, mindlessly.

"What!?" Moxy's face was now red.

"I said annoying! Geez! I can't believe you weren't listening!" Lou's face was flustered. "Listen, I have to go and get ready. There's food in the fridge and don't go in my room."

"What's in your room? I'm definitely going to check what's in there." Moxy asked.

"Private stuff okay! Stay away from my room and we won't have a problem." Lou growled leaning closer to Moxy's face.

"Actually we've always had a problem from the day we met and why did you tell me to stay away from your room, when I totally had no intentions of going there!?" Moxy scoffed. "But I promise I won't go in your room."

"That's good to hear, but remember... I'm watching you." Lou grinned, his usual evil grin.

"Yeah whatever..." Moxy rolled her eyes. "Good luck!" She smiled.

Lou just looked away and went to get ready for the lessons.