Part 11 •°• Get used to it

Moxy woke up to her aching wrists, Lou tied the ropes even more tighter. She groaned and closed her eyes. She just wanted to go to the Big World. Was that too much to ask? She knew she was a reject, but she still had hope. Lou came in, holding up a tray of fruit salad and yoghurt.

"Good morning babe!" Lou beamed, he had a huge smile on his face.

Moxy just faced the other way and sighed. "I never agreed to be your girlfriend. You never asked too."

"You know how much I love you. Was there really a point in asking?" Lou raised an eyebrow.

"Yes! Because I don't love you!" Moxy yelled.

Lou had a disappointed look on his face. "You don't mean that sugarplum... I know you love me back." Lou walked over to her and placed the tray of breakfast beside Moxy.

"I don't love you Louis!" Moxy yelled again, making Lou flinch a bit.

He untied Moxy's wrists and made her sit up, gripping her shoulders tightly. He took the fruit salad and yogurt and started to feed her. He made it a habit feeding her, but she didn't like it a bit.

When she finished eating, he wiped her mouth and kissed her forehead. Moxy blushed a little, it was still new to her to receive this much affection. Especially from the guy she disliked.

"Today I won't tie you up. It's pointless for you to run away cause I'll always find you." Lou stated.

"Yeah I know... but am I still allowed to see my friends?" Moxy asked, her eyes widened with hope.

"Sure... just stay away from Nolan and all will be fine." Lou said in an annoyed tone.

"You're not in charge of my life y'know." Moxy crossed her arms.

"I know..." Lou chuckled. "...tomorrow everyone will be running the gauntlet... well those who choose to." Lou fixed up his shirt collar.

"May I run it too?" Moxy asked, her eyes glistening.

"I suggest you don't... it's pretty pointless if you're going to run it knowing clearly that you're a..." Lou stopped himself when he saw Moxy tear up. "...you're a very amazing doll and ofcourse you can run the gauntlet!" Lou beamed, instantly regretting what he said.

Moxy wiped her tears and smiled widely. "Thank you Lou!"

Lou smiled back but was feeling sad inside. If it happened that Moxy ran the gauntlet and passed? Was she going to leave him?

A lot of questions ran through Lou's head, after a while, he was releasing quick short breaths. He held his head and curled up into a ball on the floor. Moxy noticed and got off the bed to hug him.

Lou was now tearing up, Moxy hugged him tighter and he let it all out. He sobbed and Moxy tried to calm him down.

"Lou, everything's gonna be okay... I, for one am not happy about the situation I'm in but I'm trying my best." Moxy smiled genuinely. "Look, I don't know what you're going through but I can relate." Lou wiped his tears and faced Moxy. "Lou, I don't like seeing you like this it's so... unnatural! I know that I've never told you this before but I care about you."

Lou smiled weakly at Moxy, atleast she cared about him, that's a start.

Moxy was with her friends, Wage, Uglydog, Luckybat, Babo and Ox. They were all hanging out at the supply shed, where they were assigned to stay when they first got to the Institute of Perfection.

"So... Moxy... how's Lou treating ya?" Ox raised an eyebrow. "You don't have to lie to us, we're your friends and we're here for you."

Moxy started to feel guilty, ofcourse she wasn't going to tell them the truth! "Umm... he's okay... he's treating me normally." Moxy smiled awkwardly. "Yep! Totally normal treatments!"

"Normally huh?" Wage asked, crossing her arms. "And what are these normal things?"

"Well, there is a few things that he does though..." Moxy fiddled with her fingers.

"What are they?" Luckybat questioned.

"Well... um..." Moxy looked at the ground.

"C'mon Moxy, you can tell us." Uglydog had a curious look on his face.

"Uh, he always brings me breakfast in bed and... feeds me." Moxy blushed darkly.

"Lucky..." Babo sighed, a dreamy look in his eyes as he imagined all of the delicacies Moxy must've been having ever since she moved in with Lou.

Hot cross buns, warm pancakes with maple syrup, freshly squeezed orange juice, crispy bacon, hard-boiled eggs, muffins: chocolate, vanilla, blueberry! A nice cup of coffee or tea, but Babo's most favorite of all: freshly baked cookies and pie! His thoughts were cut short when Wage spoke.

"Then he's definitely feeding you poison girl." Wage shook her head. "But I know you can handle it, girls like us need to stick by each other's side."

"I wouldn't say he's feeding me poison..." Moxy muttered.

"I wasn't serious, but it might be a love potion." Wage frowned.

"Yeah... it's definitely a love potion." Babo emphasized, feeling like he was losing his appetite.

"It's nothing like that..." Moxy mumbled.

"What? I didn't quite catch that." Ox leaned closer to Moxy to hear her better. "Could you repeat that?"

"It's nothing Ox, I guess I just have to get used to all of this special treatment." Moxy sighed and Ox frowned, he sensed that she was unhappy.