Chapter 6 •°• Jealousy

Moxy spent the whole day wandering around Perfection. When Lou wasn't around or in a very far distance, the Prettydolls would be really nice to Moxy. But the only doll who would be nice to Moxy, even with Lou around, was Nolan. This was because he was classified as 'ugly' too.

Moxy and Nolan bumped into each other and decided to walk together. They went to sit together near the individualization scanners.

"H-hey Moxy, anyways, h-how are you?" Nolan asked, shyly.

"I'm good, how are you?" Moxy smiled at him.

"I'm okay... so why were you falling from Lou's window?" He had a confused expression on his face.

"You saw that? Geez... I was actually jumping from the window... but I think it's best you don't know. It's kinda awkward to talk about." She smiled awkwardly.

"Oh... I guess you're right, and I wouldn't want to make things awkward." He fiddled with his 'ugly' sign.

"You still feel bad about that sign?" Moxy frowned.

"I guess so... I mean it's not easy hearing bad rumors about myself and being treated like a monster." Nolan started to tear up.

"But I think you're perfect just the way you are. You don't have to change a thing." Moxy patted his back to comfort him but tears kept falling.

Moxy pulled him close into a hug, he started to sob. She just kept quiet and hugged him tighter until he hugged back. They didn't care about the dolls looking at them or talking about them.

"Thank you Moxy. I've never actually had a hug before. It feels nice." He sniffled, nuzzling his face into her fur.

"Hey! Moxy!" Kitty yelled, running up to the dolls. She paused when she saw who Moxy was actually with. "Uh... sorry... am I interrupting a moment?" She smirked.

Nolan pulled away from the hug and wiped off his tears. "No... it's fine, you weren't interrupting anything." He smiled.

"Um, can I borrow Moxy for a bit?" Kitty looked at Moxy.

"Nolan, are you sure you're going to be okay?" Moxy asked Nolan and he nodded.

Kitty pulled Moxy and they walked away in a rush. They stopped at the supply shed.

"Okay Moxy, I need to tell you something. But first, are you and 'ugly'...?" Kitty gestured for Moxy to answer her.

"His name is Nolan and no! What made you think that?" Moxy rolled her eyes.

"You definitely were having a moment." Kitty teased.

"What did you want to tell me?" Moxy was slightly blushing but it wasn't visible since she was pinkish red.

"Oh... well I was talking to Wage lately and they all miss you. They want you to come back." Kitty rubbed the back of her neck.

"They do? Well I guess I have to go back to Uglyville. I think I should go right now. Bye! I'll miss you!" Moxy ran off.

"I... I'll miss you too?" Kitty questioned. "Wait but what about Mandy!?"

"I'll tell her on the way!" Moxy yelled.

"You're l-leaving?" Lou asked Moxy... he felt abandoned, just like when Ox left him.

"Yeah... besides, there's no point in staying here when there's no Big World for me." Moxy smiled awkwardly.

"But-"

"And you went into a lot of trouble dollnapping Ox, and bringing him to us so he could tell us the truth." Moxy crossed her arms. "Sorry Louis but I have to leave. I don't belong here anyway."

"Again... it's Lou! Not Louis!" Lou sighed.

"Whatever, I guess I'll see you never." Moxy smiled kindly at Lou.

"Wait! We still have an important matter to discuss." Lou shrugged.

"What is it?" Moxy gazed into his blue eyes.

"I heard that you were with... Nolan, is that true?" Lou looked away.

"He's my friend, I can hangout with whoever I want Louis." Moxy replied titling her head a bit.

"That still doesn't answer my question. Were you with him?" Lou sounded a bit hurt.

"Why are you so jealous all of a sudden? There's clearly nothing going on between us. He's just a friend." Moxy crossed her arms.

"Just a friend? But wasn't the hug a bit too intimate?" Lou raised an eyebrow.

"You must be a fool to think that I would be dating my friend. What am I still doing here? I have to go." Moxy said in a angry tone.

Lou froze on the spot for a moment he looked at Moxy walk away. Whenever they were together he felt weird, he would blush for no reason, stutter and always scratched the back of his neck every time.

Then when it came to other dolls hanging out with Moxy he would feel so angry, he wanted Moxy all to himself. He didn't know why, and he didn't even want to know why.

He felt so jealous of Nolan, why did Nolan get to hang out with Moxy while Lou never even got the chance to chat with her? Well, to him... his reputation and status was super important so hanging out with an ugly would really ruin everything.

But on the other hand... he never cared about other dolls' thoughts and opinions. If he made the whole friendship thing with Moxy official, he would still feel like an idiot, recalling all the times when he preached about perfection. He wanted perfection and nothing but perfection. He told dolls that they had to be perfect. Pretty makes perfect. The phrase echoed in his head, multiple times.