Chapter 12 •°• Misunderstanding

After Moxy's chat with her friends she went to see Mandy and Kitty, it's been a while since they ever spoke and Moxy was trying to get used to all of the dolls that stared at her as she was walking through the Institute. She knew they were jealous, she knew they wanted to get rid of her, she knew they envied her life!

She proceeded to walk, ignoring all of the stares and whispers and murmurs. She started to run, until she bumped into a doll.

"Oops! How clumsy of me!" The doll giggled recovering from the ground and helping Moxy up. "I hope I won't get in trouble for knocking down Lou's girlfriend."

Moxy couldn't help but laugh too. "No, you won't get in trouble. What's your name by the way?"

"I'm Michael and I already know your name. Uh, actually I was looking for someone. Could you help me find them?" Michael asked, shyly.

"Well, I was looking for someone too. Let's look for them together, maybe we'll find them." Moxy smiled.

Michael and Moxy walked together, looking for their 'someone'. They had a great time together, chatting and getting to know each other better. Eventually, Michael found his 'someone' first so Moxy had to continue without him.

"Meghan! There you are!" Michael beamed as Meghan turned around in confusion.

"Oh... Michael, why were you looking for me?" Meghan raised an eyebrow.

"I just wanted to talk to you about... something." Michael's cheeks turned pink.

"Hey!" Meghan turned to Moxy. "You must be Moxy! Nice to finally meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too... I have to get going, Michael I'll see you around!" Moxy waved and ran off. There was no way she was going to stay and take in the awkwardness between those two!

Moxy finally found Kitty and Mandy! Well they were with Lydia and Tuesday, but atleast she found them. She ran over to the girls and Tuesday scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I'll see you later girls!" Tuesday said, walking away.

"Hi! What's her problem?" Moxy asked.

"Oh hey... Moxy?" Lydia raised an eyebrow. "It is Moxy... right?"

"Yep!" Moxy smiled.

"Good, so Tuesday over there is jealous. She really loved Lou and since you're dating him, she kinda hates you now." Lydia explained.

"Oh... have any of you seen Nolan?" Moxy asked.

"Not today, but I noticed that he's been distant lately. Kitty, have you seen Nolan anywhere?" Mandy fixed her glasses so they wouldn't fall.

"Ugly? I'm afraid I haven't seen him either." Kitty replied.

"Kitty, his name is not Ugly! It's Nolan!" Moxy facepalmed.

"But you gotta admit, as long as he's wearing the sign... everyone will think his name is Ugly." Kitty applied lip gloss.

"Kitty... is that my lip gloss?" Lydia raised an eyebrow.

"It's... mine! Lip glosses these days, they all look alike!" Kitty giggled nervously. She stole every lip gloss she came across and she would forget who she stole them from. The lip gloss was Tuesday's but Kitty forgot.

"Mandy, could you help me look for him?" Moxy asked.

"Uh, sure but why are you looking for Nolan?" Mandy raised an eyebrow.

"Don't you miss him?" Moxy asked and Mandy's eyes widened and a tint of pink appeared on her face.

"I... I do b-but... it's n-not like I l-like him like that!" Mandy stuttered, her blush worsening.

"I never said you liked him like that but now that you've mentioned it... do you?" Moxy had a mischievous look in her eyes.

"I... no! He's just a friend!" Mandy blushed putting tomatoes to shame.

"Okay... I see... now, shall we?" Moxy gestured to the direction they were headed.

"Yeah... let's go." Mandy dashed to Moxy's side and they began to walk together.

Eventually they found Nolan, all alone. He didn't even bother to try and socialize. So he was always alone.

"Hey Nolan... are you okay? Where were you the whole day?" Moxy asked as she and Mandy approached Nolan.

"I just... needed some time alone." Nolan replied sadly.

"You shouldn't be alone when you're sad Nolan, it's not good for you." Mandy went closer to him.

"I agree with Mandy... wanna hug?" Moxy didn't give Nolan the time to reply, she hugged him and Mandy joined in the hug.

Moxy pulled away from the hug, leaving Mandy hugging Nolan tightly. When they both realized the situation they were in, they blushed and pulled away from each other quickly.

"So... how is Lou treating you?" Nolan cleared his throat.

"Um... he's treating me... normally?" Moxy said, questioning her reply.

"Why do you make it sound like a question?" Mandy wore her glasses.

"It's just... I don't know!" Moxy groaned and threw her arms up in defeat.

"I get it, you feel misunderstood Moxy." Nolan said. "Some dolls ask you questions because they don't have an understanding of you and Lou's relationship."

"Or they're looking for ways to break you up. You're dating the guy that almost everydoll loves, you better be careful." Mandy fixed her glasses.

"Almost everydoll?" Nolan raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't say anything!" Mandy replied fast.

"I guess you're right Mandy." Moxy smiled.

"About what? I like Lou, it's not like I'm part of the group of dolls that don't like him." Mandy blurted out.

"No not that! Well, maybe a little. From the way I see it, you don't like Lou but that's okay." Moxy grinned.

"He's just not my cup of tea." Mandy rolled her eyes.

"Well I'm glad we cleared things up, see you tomorrow!" Moxy was walking away, waving at her friends.

"Bye Moxy! Uh, wait! What did we clear up? Am I in a different time zone or what? What were we talking about!? Moxy! I need answers!" Nolan yelled after her.

"You spaced out, didn't you?" Mandy asked.

"I... yes..." Nolan replied with a sheepish smile.