Xianbao

Xianbao is MK's second life

After Xiong Yi died, he got reincarnated into one of his descendants, a scholar by the name of Xianbao Yi. He was a hardworking scholar, working to discover the secrets of the Monkey King, a figure his family cherished for generations.

Unknown to him though, he walked passed the Stone Monkey  during his research. A study he needed to return in order to... 'Graduate' or something, become known as an historian and place his name on the plaque of history. Sun Wukong took note of him and deprived it suspicious...only because of his gut...something was telling him that something was going on, and that the resemblance was more than just being 'Xiong Yi's descendant' so he started following him. Eventually he discovers a shrine dedicated to him, hearing Xianbao pray for him to show up, he does so.

 Eventually he discovers a shrine dedicated to him, hearing Xianbao pray for him to show up, he does so

After factoring out that he in fact was not dreaming. Xianbao begun to interview him about his life and his grandfather, Sun Wukong who was unable to fulfill one wish complied.

With power, and dedication, and having to get a writer's alibi by the name of 'Wu Cheng'en'

Plus getting the help of Ao Lie.

Xianbao writes the story 'The Journey to the West,' with some inaccuracies and stories left untold to preserve the secrets left behind, Xianbao was promoted and became one of the greatest historians known to his age. Of course this doesn't mean that the Monkey King did not bond with this version of MK.

The second wish, was to know more about Xiong Yi and for him to write down his contribution. Wukong could not do that, since Xiong Yi kept all his secrets to the ground, Wukong felt as if that was fair. But, he was able to tell stories about his ancestor.

Retelling stories, jokes and moments, every chuckle, every smile and every response, Sun Wukong took it in, still wondering what his gut is but also spending time with him in happiness before it was finally time for him to leave the mortal plane...

Sun Wukong was able to make peace with his death as he passed on from old age, brushing it off as mere coincidence...

Though after a few years, after Ao Lie had passed on...well

He reincarnated once more

This time he was not related to Xiong Yi whatsoever...

This life was a man, who served under a master, under the assumption that the master will give him a good education.

Wukong doesn't believe In coincidence....

So he remains skeptical about this rebirthing process...