The Second Life

"Elder Brother

"Elder Brother...?"

?"

"Ugh

"Ugh..."

"Elder Brother! Wake up!"

My thoughts rang at the sound of Ao Lie's voice...the night before must've brought a huge headache...how much did I drink?

"Are you alright? Wukong?" He spoke, as if he hadn't aged a day...it's been...

1000 years since the Journey? Ugh...I can't even remember anymore...I sat up massaging my head. "What are you doing here again?" I asked...I remember...last night we had a party of sorts? Why was Ao Lie here then? "Remember, I'm using your place as a retirement home!" He remarked, chuckling as he did, which much to my surprise...but since we had a party over it, I might've accepted it...

Geez how much did I drink?

"You alright? Elder Brother?" He chuckled. "You drank quite a lot last night...then started reiterating the Journey to me in a drunken manner." Ao Lie says to which I palm myself in the face... "You really lose your anxiety when it comes to drinks do you?" He says and I just sigh, grabbing the bottles to put in the trash later. "Do you wanna eat?" I asked, to which my younger brother nodded, I sigh and go look at the cabin for any leftover food.

"You sure you can handle yourself? You just had a hangover." Ao Lie asks in concern, I just wave him off. "If I caused havoc in Heaven then came back sober, I can handle a flight of stairs to my house thank you!" I spoke walking up the steps to my home. Grabbing my head as it seems to be banging against my skull...Ao Lie followed behind anyway...

Once we reached the cabin I looked at the mini-fridge if there was fruit we could eat, settled with the bowl of peaches and apples and placed them on the table next to the couch. "Your home is very cozy, Elder brother..." Ao Lie remarked, looking around and grabbing one of the apples. "I come here just to laze around..." I replied, grabbing a peach. "Say...are those the immortal peaches you stole?" He asked curiously. "Hm? No I have normal peaches as well...I think I'm gonna go to the market for a bit...I just picked this up weeks ago...the fruits haven't regrown yet." I remarked seeing as these were the only ones left. "Maybe later...Wukong...how are you these days anyway? We didn't get to talk about it that much since we were celebrating..." Ao Lie spoke, to which I smiled and chuckled. "Eh...Just doin stuff, saved a bunch of people, watching over that village beside Flower Fruit Mountain, no biggie." I spoke...even though the village was under-construction at the moment...it's nice to see a new civilization grow... "You?"

"I am well, Eldest Brother...my children have already reached the 5th Generation at this point...I thought it best to retire here." He explained, looking around the home. "Flower Fruit Mountain is so beautiful when you see it for yourself...Sha Wujing must've been lucky..." I chuckled at that response. "He would've been had it not for my doppelgänger causing trouble. He laughed at the joke. "But it's nice to see the scenery...did you paint that mural yourself in the main room?" I looked confused...then remembered the mural outside. "Yeah, I painted that...I was bored...so..." I answered rubbing the back of my head. "It looks nice!"

We talked a lot since then...though there's still this lingering concern...

I want to spend most of my time with him...in the moment...

Zhu Bajie and Sha Wujing...they're gone...Master's gone...he and I are the only ones left...

But it won't be long till the fire consumes him too...

"Say, do you remember Xiong Yi?" He asked, much to my confusion...of course I remember him...but he died of old age didn't he? His family was reaching their 3rd generation before he died...why bring this up now? "I heard that his family has a statue dedicated to you...Elder Brother..." he spoke as I choked at the peach I was eating. "A-a statue?! Didn't he know I wasn't a god?!" I said in a frenzy. "Well aren't you one now? I mean you are a bodhisattva, right? And your title, Great Sage Equal to Heaven is quite showing." I started jabbering in my own words. "Th-that's self-proclaimed!" I pointed out. "But technically they made it official...like the Zodiac Monkey!" He joked, but it caused me to change the atmosphere a bit...

Zodiac Monkey...why is that important to me?

"Zodiac Monkey?" I asked. "Well, Xiong Yi told me this story long ago...one time long ago, the Zodiac Monkey used to be a celestial guardian of the Jade Emperor specifically, however..." he iterated. "He fell in love with the mortal realm, playing god and showering gifts to the mortals below...to the point that the Celestial Realm declared him the Monkey God..."

"Huh...well...that's an interesting story..." he spoke...Xiong Yi never told him that...that should've been the origins of the god of his village...right? Well...nothing that important it's just a story... "Welp, I gotta go...if you wanna leave this place, I gave you access to the seal...see ya later, lil' bro..."

"Hhh

"Hhh...Never liked this form..." I remarked, looking over to the market stalls nearby. "Two dozen apples and 6 peaches please." I said to the stall owner. "Ok, just wait for a moment mister, Sun." Yep...

I go to this stall everyday...they have good fruits here...

I think it's the family's farm? I guess that makes sense...

"3 apples please."

"Of course, Mister Xianbao Yi..."

Xianbao Yi...?

Wait...

"Thank you Ma'am, many blessings to your family"